COVID, et al and your buying habits

Which differs from 12(x) how exactly? I live on a island, hours.from any other range. Obviously, they held up rpals, knowing the OIC was coming. Had a pistol pre anything, pain in arse then, worse now. Might just as well print a picture of a 357. Local range did that, rather did nothing.

Deciding to put in for rpal when there's rumours of a major ban coming isn't such a great idea. With the many applications backlogged during normal times, one has to accept the possibility that there are going to be delays during that mad rush.

I remember the buying crazy, people were picking up anything and everything. For that reason, there are thousands of AR15's out there that are BNIB and have never seen the light of day because the were prohibited the moment the owner took possession.

As for your problem with not having a range on your island... dont know what to tell you. I'm sure it's a nice place to live for other reasons...

Less; these last years, less range time available. Also Covid threw a wrench into everything at work; less manpower available, diminished work ethic; more work is falling on those of us in Engineering and Management to try and fill in the gaps. Same with volunteer organizations; more to do, less to do it = less time for shooting.

Supply chain issues continue, so we need to come up with new and innovative ways to continue.

Honestly, I don't see much of this changing in the near future.

Definitely buying less. I, like many others, am of the mindset why should I buy toys if big daddy turd is just going to take them away on me, or render me unable to play with them?
Covid plays absolutely no part in my buying habits, unless I am affected by someone elses paranoia of it.

Over the last two years my local range has been fully locked-down numerous times.
And even when it has been open; there have always been stupid restrictions in place.

Most of the fun events were banned or cancelled.
The core group of guys that I usually shot with have all scattered.

Due to all of this, I have definitely spent a lot less money on shooting.
But now that Covid-Theater has finally jumped the shark, I'm hoping that's about to change.

Definitely buying less. I, like many others, am of the mindset why should I buy toys if big daddy turd is just going to take them away on me, or render me unable to play with them?
Covid plays absolutely no part in my buying habits, unless I am affected by someone elses paranoia of it.

Imagine allowing an effeminate actor and communist twink take away your guns. If you aren’t willing to fight for your freedom from these satanic tyrants you don’t deserve freedom. Weak men create bad times is the age we live in....

Back
Top Bottom