What gun should Henry make next?

Trapper lever action carbine in 460 Rowland, so you can also use 45ACP which makes it cheaper to practice with . The only carbine in 460 Rowland that I am aware of is the semi auto TNW ASR.

Don't rain on our imagination parade.

Marlin's been making .35 Remington lever actions for about 70 years in the 336. Don't recall whether it was continuous or if the predecessor to the 336 was offered in .35.

Make a 0.45 ACP caliber rifle that takes advantage of the shorter cartridge to shorten the frame and give it the aesthetics of a volcanic carbine.

Add an integral silencer to make it ideal for home defense in gun-unfriendly jurisdictions.

Can't have a silencer here, integral or otherwise.

I am not quite sure a 9mm lever gun with a tubular magazine is practical, because people will be using a lot of cheap pointed round nose FMJ. That i am not sure it is kosher in a tubular magazine, ie in-magazine primer detonation when cartridges are lined up one behind another.

10mm or 40 S&W are probably better choice, because the 40 cal bullets have flatter noses. It will also hold more ammo than 357/38 spl and pack more punch.

9 mm FMJ isn't pointed; it's RN. Similar in profile to 30-30. Even if you could find some penetrators that are pointy, I wouldn't worry about it. The 9mm in a rifle won't recoil enough for concern. A 30-30 will recoil over twice as fast with 5 times the energy.

F the Glock mags. Not everything has to accept Glock mags. I think it would be the ugliest thing next to the Mossberg tactical line lever.

Why have nice lever action, and ruin it with a 1x2 plastic block of a mag hanging off the bottom? And for it to function. The receiver would need to be longer, so the lever can clear the mag dangling like a unsightful dingleberry.

I don't think it'll be ugly. For sure a bit different, but that's kind of the point. Why just continue with only variations of what everyone else is doing? Mag fed would be a huge boon for those of us who have to take a quad, bike, tractor or truck out hunting or working and need to be able to load quickly, and then unload when we get back in or on.

I don't think it'll be ugly. For sure a bit different, but that's kind of the point. Why just continue with only variations of what everyone else is doing? Mag fed would be a huge boon for those of us who have to take a quad, bike, tractor or truck out hunting or working and need to be able to load quickly, and then unload when we get back in or on.

But who is going to buy a Lever that takes mag just for that purpose? Everybody wants semi autos. And why isn't there more bolt action 9mm rifles? Again everybody wants semi auto. Seems like only 1 person wants a mag fed 9mm lever, everybody else wants a classic side loading tube fed.

If they are good at making tube fed, why change it? Also it would be a totally new design and very costly. Let Mossberg make ugly rifles.

Not sure about an AR-7, in 9mm. Not a bad idea, but it would be competing directly with the Ruger carbine, which is handy, accurate, readily accepts a scope, light, and takes down and reassembles in a couple seconds. Henry would have to be able to do it lighter and a better price, and made much better than the rimfire rifle. Tall order. If the rifle didn't have a significant advantage price-wise (several hundred dollars), I'd pick the Ruger as they did a great job on it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a mag fed lever, or pump action take down, or fixed barrel for a less expensive version. Preferably exposed hammer. I'd probably prefer the pump. Should come in all the popular pistol chamberings: 9mm, .40 S&W(maybe 10mm), .45 ACP with common popular mags, .357, .44 mag .45 Colt capable of heavy loads, or maybe .454 Casull (though as of now I'd probably rather have it in the short chamber for accuracy's sake, as my revolver is .45 Colt). Proprietary mags might be in order for the rimmed cartridges. And not priced ridiculous.

Like to see a stainless octagon version in just about everything.

More chamberings, and barrel options for the Long Ranger, as well as bigger magazines. Be nice to see some heavy game versions of the gun, and .35 cal chamberings; .35 Rem, 350 Rem Mag.

Be nice to see some "modern" transfer bar single action revolvers. Personally, I'd love a medium frame 5 shot .45 Colt built *cough-cough.. Ruger!* strong with non-fluted cylinders, octagon barrel, and available with adjustable sights, in either stainless, blued or color case hardened and in popular (Canadian) barrel lengths of 4.2, and 5.5" Maybe 6" and 7.5"

But who is going to buy a Lever that takes mag just for that purpose? Everybody wants semi autos. And why isn't there more bolt action 9mm rifles? Again everybody wants semi auto. Seems like only 1 person wants a mag fed 9mm lever, everybody else wants a classic side loading tube fed.

If they are good at making tube fed, why change it? Also it would be a totally new design and very costly. Let Mossberg make ugly rifles.

Idk, I think there's definitely a market for bolt or semi... Look at all the conversion kit for mauser/Enfield for. 45 selling out super quick. I certainly want a modern Ver of de lisle carbine

Pretty sure mag fed has been mentioned a few times. Have a number of tube mag guns, but there isn't much out there for mag fed. None if we are only counting current production levers (or pumps) in pistol cartridges.

"Just" for that purpose is a huge market. Almost everyone can appreciate a mag fed gun. Been doing some trail clearing and exploring lately, and I've been on and off my machine 30 times in an afternoon. Nearly everyone who hunts grouse and bear off of lease and logging roads can relate to a manual action gun with mags.

I'd like to see someone put a pump-action .357 back into production; the IMI Timberwolf is sought after, and I'd bet you'd get a lot of interest on a new Lightning-style pump.

I'd like to see someone put a pump-action .357 back into production; the IMI Timberwolf is sought after, and I'd bet you'd get a lot of interest on a new Lightning-style pump.

Agreed ..... already mentioned the Timberwolf example earlier .... it’s a pump and a take down. Everyone loves take downs these days and there is a market for a fast manual action with all the things going on these days. Having 357 and 44 mag would make up for the lack of Glock mags lol. I’ve never handled one, but the Timberwolf seems to operate with the same controls as an 870?

Back
Top Bottom