What gun should Henry make next?

The more I think about it, the more the lever action mag fed pcc makes sense over the pump. Easier/more cost effective to make a take down version, and short OAL over an enclosed pump, and easier to take down to clean. Maybe a scaled down Long Ranger? A modern strength pump with exposed hammers is appealing however. Maybe a little bit harder to make one that isn't a hand biter.

Need a semi pistol grip option for the Long Ranger. Only makes sense when scoping one. Heard a while back that scoping the brass frame guns is a bit iffy, due to the holes elongating. Not sure if this is (or was) still a concern, but it might be nice to find a way to address this if it is.

As I mentioned before; the LR needs more chamberings; surprised that the Creedmore isn't available in the higher grade guns. That was a good choice to offer that cartridge. Nothing wrong with the .308, or .243, but they are a bit boring. The high grade LR would be a real knock out with beaver tail fore end, colour case hardened receiver, and octagon barrel. Modern, yet classy.

deluxe version of the golden boy with a real brass frame, or at least real brass receiver cover. maybe a half round half octagonal barrel to go with it, only sell them with the deluxe wood stocks with the really nice grain.

1860 Iron Frame Henry ++++
bc16a62f584948825010a9232e939236.png

1860 technology ...mostly

would love to see henry quality do a super stripped down survival gun. Single shot in 9mm. Folding stock, folding/takedown chassis, carbine length barrel. Keep it clean, and avoid the avant garde polymer molding that cheapens the look of so many pieces. Something that would be reminiscent of an old school aircrew survival gun. Like in the vein of the old m6, but henry all the way.

^^^ this^^^

Some of you have already seen that we recently became an Industry Member of this forum, and we're very excited to be here! Just because we're "Made in America, Or Not Made At All," doesn't mean that we don't love our Northern neighbors.

Let's kick this off with an open-ended poll of sorts.

We currently make over 200 different rifles, shotguns, pistols, and an "other". No doubt, there are a lot of different calibers and finishes to choose from, but do we make your ideal firearm?

If you could take over project management for the next big Henry Repeating Arms release, what would you choose to get our talented engineers working on and why? :stirthepot2:

Hello Henry arms,
You are doing excellent rifles and would like to make a sugestion for a 2 new models:

HENRY URBAN SURVIVAL-12.5 OCTAGONAL BARREL, FULL STOCK, LARGE LOOP,PEEP SIGHT SIDE ,LOADING GATE+ TOP LOADING TOO!!! 357/38SP

HENRY COUNTRY SURVIVAL-16.0 OCTAGONAL BARREL, FULL STOCK, LARGE LOOP,PEEP SIGHT, SIDE LOADING GATE +TOP LOADING TOO!!! 357/38SP

Also same 2 models could be made in 30-30 winchester but normal threaded barrel This will have a lot a supporters I hope
All the best

Last edited:
Pretty sure mag fed has been mentioned a few times. Have a number of tube mag guns, but there isn't much out there for mag fed. None if we are only counting current production levers (or pumps) in pistol cartridges.

"Just" for that purpose is a huge market. Almost everyone can appreciate a mag fed gun. Been doing some trail clearing and exploring lately, and I've been on and off my machine 30 times in an afternoon. Nearly everyone who hunts grouse and bear off of lease and logging roads can relate to a manual action gun with mags.

Most of the people suggesting magazine are for rifle calibers, so it would be like the BLR, or the Savage 99, or the Ruger 96/44. I'm not against magazines. If they could be made that it was flush, it would look okay. I'm talking about the question about Glock mags, or pistol mags. But to suggest a Glock mag, is like putting spinner hubcaps on a Model T. I just couldn't see a respectful company that makes nice lever actions, have a plastic Glock mag hanging from it. To me its sacrilegious.

Also some places you cannot hunt small game with anything more than say .275 ( Believe in Ontario ) So having a 9mm would be illegal, and who would use one for bears?

A levergun is not just a nostalgia item; it's a superfast manual repeater for those of us...and we do exist!...who don't need or necessarily want a semiauto. The ability to quickly load or unload by means of a detachable box magazine just adds to the utility.

A Ruger PC9 is an outstanding 100-yards-and-in pest gun to keep handy with a fully loaded mag ready to pop in when a coyote shows up in the barnyard. But a Henry lever-action detach-box-mag in 9mm would replace it in a heartbeat, for me. More than fast enough for a second or third shot if I need or want it, but not chambered and cocked until I need or want it.

A pump would be just as nice, but as mentioned above, it might complicate the takedown feature and it would be a shame not to have that as well.

A pump action in larger calibers like the colt lightning, love that style, maybe in 223 as well, pumps are a lefties best friend

Back
Top Bottom