What gun should Henry make next?

-454/460/500 mag fed lever in shorter barrels
-affordable double rifle in common hunting calibers
a)interchangeable barrels would be a great option

Whatever they decide, any new gun should always include he sidegate load. I'd like to see existing guns on their list to also move to sidegate. I have a couple of Henry's and I won't be buying any others unless they include it.

Wow. Almost seems like trolling except i know better. Like clock work someone suggest 9mm then next guy says glock mags then next guy will ask if its chrome lined. Lol.

I think rather than a space lever gun what I want is a direct competitor to a Marlin 1895-GS (simple straight stock 45-70 side loader) but made on a Henry side gate action with Henrys quality and workmanship and a bigger loop. Obviously youd have to raise the price over a marlin but since finding a JM is hard these days and marlins quality control and fit is poor I bet people would snap up henrys given the chance and it would be an easy gun to bring to market as you basically make a lot of the right parts just already just not in stainless or in the right combination to my mind.

Big Boy X Model
7.62 x 39 / 5.56 / .223
16.5" threaded muzzle barrel
AR mag fed
pic rail from receiver to muzzle, or at least enough rail for optics and irons
slightly more futuristic fore end and buttstock
ebony stained wood option would be sweet

Last edited:
honestly either a 460sw carbine lever or pump like the colt lightning, hence you could use the 45 colt 454 casual or 460 smith and wesson,you would get cowboy action shooters and big bore guys that would use the 45-70 market in one swoop huge target market there and wide appeal with a hint of tradition..... another gun would be something like the old ruger carbine in pistol calibers rugers pc carbine cant be kept in stock but do a henry take on it, whatever it is you must still make it identifiable as a henry,brand association, just go for it

Welcome to CGN, great to have you.
My favorite firearm I own is my Henry all weather .357 mag lever gun, I would love to see a take down version in classic and new pistol calibers. Maybe 9mm for cheap easy to find ammo and.500 S&W for some just plain fun and hunting

A falling-block rifle a la Winchester 1885 with a slightly lighter barrel. Some classic rimmed chamberings and more modern cartridges.
I'd be in line for one in .30-30 or .250 savage or .257 Roberts or.....

Hi,
anything in 28 ga would be great
or what about a nice Howdah pistol in 20 ga x 20 ga or even better you guessed it 28 ga by 28 ga
Thanks for asking
Guygeorges

Back
Top Bottom