+++UPDATE+++ FN PS90 Non-Restricted Barrel Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

I got to chat with Leigh this morning, and there is a tentative go-ahead on this:

FN PS90 Non Restricted Barrel Group Buy.

I will be paying for the tooling, so anyone that wants to get it done would need to just contact DLASK and arrange payment for the barrel and work.

By next Friday, December 4, hopefully we can get this all arranged.

Costs are $550 + tax plus shipping.

Have a great day!

UPDATE

I have just received bad news from the barrel supplier. They have finally got around to allocating blanks and we got left out. I can't get any caliber, no .45, no 9mm, no .22, no 5.7. The earlies we can look to get a production run in would be September !! This craziness in the 'States has eaten up everything, almost literally. Depending on how bad the man-child running this country messes with the rest of the laws I will cautiously hold my breath for Sept.

Sorry guys but this is off until we have the ability to source quality 5.7 blanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be interested in a NR barrel but not the install.

Does a barrel swap/resize need to be performed by a licensed gunsmith to convert from R to NR?

I won't moderate it but will add the price. It would be our standard price of $550 + tax and shipping if needed. This would get you a N/R barrel, installation and test firing as well as verification for N/R status.

However, all of this is moot until I can get a rifle here to look at and determine if this is indeed a feasible project i.e. not special barrel extensions or the like are needed from FN.

Leigh, make sure to do your homework on how the P90 design works. The barrel is designed to have a slight fore-and-aft movement under spring tension and works similar to the Barrett m107 in the nature that it is a short recoil action.

The barrel is inserted into the receiver from the action end where it travels through a spring contained within the receiver before protruding on the muzzle side of the receiver where is a left hand threaded muzzle adapter or pinned on barrel shroud is used to retain the barrel.

Ian at Herron Arms actually re-uses the 16" PS90's factory shroud and his NR barrel sticks out just a few mm beyond, for virtually an unchanged appearance from the standard 16" models.

Leigh, make sure to do your homework on how the P90 design works. The barrel is designed to have a slight fore-and-aft movement under spring tension and works similar to the Barrett m107 in the nature that it is a short recoil action.

The barrel is inserted into the receiver from the action end where it travels through a spring contained within the receiver before protruding on the muzzle side of the receiver where is a left hand threaded muzzle adapter or pinned on barrel shroud is used to retain the barrel.

Ian at Herron Arms actually re-uses the 16" PS90's factory shroud and his NR barrel sticks out just a few mm beyond, for virtually an unchanged appearance from the standard 16" models.

That's a top tip my friend ! When I get a spare moment I'll have a look at what needs doing to it to make this project possible. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Just looked at this and had a chat with someone that has swapped them before and this looks pretty straight forward. I will order up the reamer, headspace gauge and blanks tomorrow. Cost for the conversion will be $550 + tax and shipping if req'd.

Just looked at this and had a chat with someone that has swapped them before and this looks pretty straight forward. I will order up the reamer, headspace gauge and blanks tomorrow. Cost for the conversion will be $550 + tax and shipping if req'd.

Short 10.4" barrels and 1/2x28 muzzle adapters like the CMMG ones might be another consideration as well.

Great! Please let us know when you are ready to accept the payment and how you prefer to receive it.

What would be the cost for just the barrel? I don’t currently own a PS90 but I’ve wanted one since I got my PAL but I don’t want a restricted one. Obviously I’d have to pay for install and paperwork once I have the rifle but I don’t want to miss out on the opportunity.

Leigh, I think this has good business potential for Dlask. Maybe somthing along the lines of the Scorpion R to NR swaps with the optional barrel shroud. Someone's gotta source some P90's in bulk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom