Jard J180 eta?

If the Jard is even slightly better fit and finish than the current versions in Canada, it will be a winner. I would not buy one of the current 180's . But I'm pretty fussy. I won't apologize for that, if I unintentionally hurt anyone's feelings.

any chance well see a .22 in a shorter than 18.5" barrel setup?

otherwise very excited. great option for us.

unless i'm wrong, the J22 is an AR upper.. which makes it prohib,(or useless if it wasnt named) since AR uppers are also considered the firearm now. or do they have a 180 version I didnt notice?

If Sylvestre can get out 7.62x39mm builds , the J180 can also compete against the M10x and Type 81, doubly so if Jard can make a lower compatible with AK mags.

Reddit use BinaryCrystal has the following concern:

Redditor Binary Crystal said:
The only "downside" I noticed from their site with the builders kits, was the 7.62x39 and 6.5 Grendel bolt are the "same" .125 depth. Which would limit you to 6.5 Grendel Type 1 barrels, which I'm honestly not even sure if they make at this point anymore.

Yeah if they provide barrels it's "probably" fine, but it seems the standard has moved to Type 2 so it's just something to watch out for.

Has Sylvestre attempted to pair the build kit with a Grendel Type 2 barrel? It may be a concern for some with donor firearms.

The quote comes from the following Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/comments/n4dzu6/jard_j180_sylvestre_sporting_goods_estimated/

Last edited:
If Sylvestre can get out 7.62x39mm builds , the J180 can also compete against the M10x and Type 81, doubly so if Jard can make a lower compatible with AK mags.

the m10x and type 81 are already dead rifles though. but who knows about the jard180? can only hope they get it right or bust

If the Jard is even slightly better fit and finish than the current versions in Canada, it will be a winner. I would not buy one of the current 180's . But I'm pretty fussy. I won't apologize for that, if I unintentionally hurt anyone's feelings.

The nerve of some people hahaha, I’m the same way. Would rather pay a little more for a quality built item over massed produced garbage.

I phoned Sylvestre. They said they spoke with Jard last week. The updated ETA is late July for the build kits and fall for complete rifles. Sorry to be the bearer of the delay news :-(

I phoned Sylvestre. They said they spoke with Jard last week. The updated ETA is late July for the build kits and fall for complete rifles. Sorry to be the bearer of the delay news :-(

5214c9ecd89a0477de83223e9e28129d.gif

I phoned Sylvestre today. They have not contacted or been contacted by Jard recently, so the ETA of late this month remains the same for now.

Just called Sylvestre, the J180 build kits have shipped from Jard, so warm up your payment cards if you are interested :) . Naturally, with shipping being the sheet show it has been lately, they did not to give a specific arrival or release date, but it is definitely a positive sign these have shipped!

Back
Top Bottom