Gunbroker And IRUNGUNS News Update

I did some purchases early Dec on GB and it wasn't set up yet. I got a refund cheque in the mail for taxes paid from GunBroker after talking to them. They recently told me (less than 2 weeks ago) that it is automatically set up now that if it is an FFL purchase. There is some easy criteria to follow to make it work.

That's great. Thanks.

Your address with a postal code and picking IRUNGUNS as your FFL is suppose to remove the State tax.

I'm in my GB account now, and i can't find where i can put Irunguns as my FFL as a buyer, only as a seller because they ask for a license number which i don't have obviously.

Disregard, found it !

Last edited:
Hi Helsinki Cowboy,
that's a great question, the United States classification of firearms are considerably different than in Canada, send us a PM with a link to what you are enquiring about and we will get back to you with confirmation.

Question - If a firearm in the US is considered a pistol there with an arm brace is it still considered a pistol in Canada ?

Hope someone with import experiences can help out.

I bought a non-restricted rifle on Gunbroker yesterday. This was my first time ever to buy any firearm in the US, and so, forgive me if my questions are stupid.
I filled in the Import Form on Irunguns, and paid the import fees. According to the instructions on Irunguns, I was supposed to receive an email, which should include an PDF document, with its EFL and instructions for the seller, but i have not received such an email or any email from Irunguns. Not sure if it's because it's a weekend. I did find an "Import Invoice" when i checked my Order History under my account with Irunguns. The Import Invoice contains my info and the firearm I bought on Gunbroker, its EFL number and its address in the US. Would this be the "PDF" document that Irunguns was supposed to email me?

Also, should the seller also have an EFL number? I didn't ask for lack of knowledge on buying in the US.

Advance thanks to anyone who will help.

Yes, send the seller that import form which contains IRG's FFL and pertinent info. Ensure that the seller clearly puts your name on the package as well. You don't need to worry about the sellers FFL.

You need to have a US address, US Bank account or a US Resident help you with the purchase and forward it to
I RUN GUNS in Arizona to I RUN GUNS in Alberta Canada this is a lot faster than the 10 step program.
The main issue is Gunbroker sellers don't want to wait more then seven days for payment, and don't want the hassell
of having to sell to Canada or out of country, and the transfer of guns through an FFL to an FFL lic holder. the seller doesn't always have to ship
from an FFL but it must go to FFL Lic. holder for a background check.
all this take time and money.
The downside is you will pay state tax as with me it is 10% here in Arizona and the FFL fee that could be from 60.00us + for long guns
that has to be paid by the purchaser.

You need to have a US address, US Bank account or a US Resident help you with the purchase and forward it to
I RUN GUNS in Arizona to I RUN GUNS in Alberta Canada this is a lot faster than the 10 step program.
The main issue is Gunbroker sellers don't want to wait more then seven days for payment, and don't want the hassell
of having to sell to Canada or out of country, and the transfer of guns through an FFL to an FFL lic holder. the seller doesn't always have to ship
The downside is you will pay state tax as with me it is 10% here in Arizona and the FFL fee that could be from 60.00us + for long guns

Doesn't sound encouraging. I hope my experience will turn up much easier.

I've personally imported multiple items through GB and IRG and have experienced no issues with respect to being Canadian or not having a US address. I was able to complete payment either on GB or directly with the seller. Also , to date, have not had to pay any tax to the seller. I had issues previously when GB was charging tax to the shipping state but am glad to report this has been resolved now.

A little confused about the process. According to the instructions on IRG website, once the import form has been filled out, I am supposed to receive an email, containing it's FFL and further instructions, but I have not received an email. I am just confused about what to do next. Tried to clarify by phoning and writing IRG with no success.

My phone calls to IRG in the US finally got through. The import process is now in progress. The next is, hopefully a not too long a wait. First buy at Gunbroker, confused and nervous, but hoping for a smooth process from here on.

I have to say using IRG is entirely based on blind faith. There has been no communication. I made many attempts and managed to get one phonecall, but nothing since. The Gunbroker confirmed the rifle I had bought was delivered to IRG in mid November, but I have received no communication from IRG. I am assuming IRG has got my rifle and assume that in time, the import process will be started. Hope my blind faith will turn out good at the end.

Back
Top Bottom