Kobra red dot sight

If it fits a standard kobra optic its reasonable to assume it will fit rear stop "Universal" optics

https://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/Mounts/SVDMounts-AK-UniversalLABEL.JPG

but not optics designed for SVD mounts as its missing the required central groove.

Thanks for the picture, embedded below:

AntiKhaos said:
jvpM7wJl.png

TI may be able to bring in some of the universal stop optics pictured for sale, though excluding the Pic rail which they have covered with their own version. As for the SVD optic, if there's enough demand perhaps they could fabricate an SVD stop style side rail that can screw onto their threaded pins.

TI may be able to bring in some of the universal stop optics pictured for sale, though excluding the Pic rail which they have covered with their own version. As for the SVD optic, if there's enough demand perhaps they could fabricate an SVD stop style side rail that can screw onto their threaded pins.

At the end of the day its probably way easier just to mod the rail or purchase optics with universal stop. SVD is just more common for magnified soviet optics but versions with universal stops are available on most models afaik.

I'll probably be modding mine anyway as I already have an SVD mount POSP

Oh and depending on the scope arm some of them you can buy a replacement part to switch from Universal to SVD as its a separate piece.

At the end of the day its probably way easier just to mod the rail or purchase optics with universal stop. SVD is just more common for magnified soviet optics but versions with universal stops are available on most models afaik.

I'll probably be modding mine anyway as I already have an SVD mount POSP

Oh and depending on the scope arm some of them you can buy a replacement part to switch from Universal to SVD as its a separate piece.

do you know about any 4x24 optic coming with the universal mount?

The $588 kit, is T81 pins, plate, RH safety, adapter plate, kobra optic. http://www.tacticalimports.ca/kobra-side-mount-for-type-81-p-673.html

The $399 Kobra "Sight Only, T81 Mounting Hardware not included." http://www.tacticalimports.ca/kobra-ekp1s03-red-dot-sight-p-674.html

Note that the plate that come with the picatinny side plate is not the same as the one designed for the kobra but the pins for installing it are the same so it a 2 screw swap and not a complete disassembly if you have both.

Adapter plates are different, they are made specifically for each and not interchangeable. That being said you could just keep either Picatinny or Kobra attached to the adpater plate and just screw on/off :)

do you know about any 4x24 optic coming with the universal mount?

Anything thats labeled as an " AK scope, AK mount or AK optic " is basically a universal optic. It will have a rear stopper, possibly a central locking lug and an offset that both raises the optic higher and farther forward.

Anything thats labeled as an " AK scope, AK mount or AK optic " is basically a universal optic. It will have a rear stopper, possibly a central locking lug and an offset that both raises the optic higher and farther forward.

yes i needed to find ak type and not svd ... thank you all i think i figured it now and even found a weaver mount rail for ak.

This is what I'm looking for. My T81s have real AK rails already installed onto the recievers.

Hey guys just a heads up, but the Kobra Mount clamps may need to be adjusted out of the box to ensure proper tightness on adapter plate. It was mentioned on the description on the sight, but just wanted to re-iterate here.

Video instructions:

So these do have the switch to turn them on off (top right hand corner) or they do t like your pics ??

Screenshot-20210918-225301-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Got a call back from Nick @ TI this evening and he confirmed that the reticle-swapping button doubles as the ON/OFF switch, hence the lack of the left-side turn-dial switch found on previous models. Holding down the reticle-swapping button turns the unit on and off.

Does anyone have one of these korba's set up on their T81? Curious to know how they "sit" when mounted on the rifle w/ supplied hardware. Are they cockeyed ? Any wierd obnoxious angles?

Does anyone have one of these korba's set up on their T81? Curious to know how they "sit" when mounted on the rifle w/ supplied hardware. Are they cockeyed ? Any wierd obnoxious angles?

Also curious... and does it include the sunshade:confused:

Back
Top Bottom