Bolt action rifle , what caliber are you looking for?

.308 16 inch barrel or shorter. Traditional stock. 10 round mags. Iron sights.

Pretty much this, although a thumper round in this configuration would be welcome as well. Not familiar enough with 9.3x62 to know how well it would do out of a short barrel

Pretty much this, although a thumper round in this configuration would be welcome as well. Not familiar enough with 9.3x62 to know how well it would do out of a short barrel

Probably alright, I was shooting my Zastava bolt action 9.3x63mm and the stall beside me had a lovely Sako Black Bear in the same - our velocities were different by less than 60FPS going from 22 inches to 20 inches. You'll likely get as big a difference out of barrels from the same manufacturer due to machining/manufacturing tolerances.

At that price point (or close to it) I would definatly be interested in a short barreled,, iron sight walnut 308.

To be clear, I'm not in a position to buy, but I forsee a 6.5 Creed stalking rifle phase coming up in Canada. If the cool tricked out rifles are banned, people will want something with a quasi tactical, quasi nice hunting rifle as options. 6.5 Creed is pretty cool.

6.5 might make more sense in this package, be a pretty sweet, handy deer gun in that caliber.

If I had not recently just bought a new Zastava 6.5 x 55, I would be considering one!

Looked at what is on the website and it's getting close but misses the mark... a shorter barreled version... 16-18" 308 with the bottom pic rail, no cheek riser. What magazines do these take? Spares available?

That burnt bronze model looks really nice.

Those prices seem to be more in line with north american made rifles... would have to be perfect before taking the plunge.

I agree and second this.
Looked at what is on the website and it's getting close but misses the mark... a shorter barreled version... 16-18" 308 with the bottom pic rail, no cheek riser. What magazines do these take? Spares available?

That burnt bronze model looks really nice.

Those prices seem to be more in line with north american made rifles... would have to be perfect before taking the plunge.

35 Whelen and 280Rem Ackley Imp.
4 + 1 or 5 + 1 capacity
3.5 - 3.8kg / 7.7 - 8.36 pounds
559 - 610mm / 22” - 24” barrel
Approx 1092mm / 43” overall length

Back
Top Bottom