Kodiak Defence WK180C Gen2 5.56mm 18.7" Non-Restricted

They have added an orientation clip to keep the gas block centred, which should in theory help prevent it from rotating out of alignment and twisting the guide to snapping. One customer has loose gas block screws after a 100 rounds through the rifle, so it may be still advisable to disassemble then gas block on receipt of the firearm, thread lock the fasteners, and then re-assemble the firearm if the gas block fasteners are loose from the factory.

Is the gas-block entirely unique, or is it interchangable with standard gasblocks? Say if I bought a railed one.

MAP is minimum advertised price and not MSRP. The distributor sets the MAP so that dealers don't outcompete each other to the floor with pricing. For instance if MSRP is $1499, dealers could run a sale but not below the MAP price.
You're not gonna see an MAP price on a new, high demand item

Thanks for the response.

Okay, so, this one.... Will it take a A2 stock, handguard, and A2 front sight post?
I need an A2 in my life, and I'll do anything to get there. The r18mk2 doesn't work with a2 fixed stocks, this might.

You can get an A2 stock adapter, regardless of platform. The one from MRA for the Renegade/Maverick may work. AbHobbyist used an MDT Fixed to Carbine Stock adapter in his Jard J180 build, https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2206810-Jard-J180-Builds?p=18397012&viewfull=1#post18397012. The J180 can use the entire fore-end from a donor AR-15, including an A2 front sight post, gas block, gas tube, barrel, and handguard.

You can get an A2 stock adapter, regardless of platform. The one from MRA for the Renegade/Maverick may work. AbHobbyist used an MDT Fixed to Carbine Stock adapter in his Jard J180 build, https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2206810-Jard-J180-Builds?p=18397012&viewfull=1#post18397012. The J180 can use the entire fore-end from a donor AR-15, including an A2 front sight post, gas block, gas tube, barrel, and handguard.

Not too worried about the stock, honestly. It’s got a buffer tube, it’ll work. Mostly wondering if the wk gen 2 will take a2 handguards. The jard is absolutely atrocious. I have no doubt ofnit’s function and utility but dear god what an ugly firearm. I’ll stick with the gen 2 WK I think. Still need to find out about that forend though

Not too worried about the stock, honestly. It’s got a buffer tube, it’ll work. Mostly wondering if the wk gen 2 will take a2 handguards. The jard is absolutely atrocious. I have no doubt ofnit’s function and utility but dear god what an ugly firearm. I’ll stick with the gen 2 WK I think. Still need to find out about that forend though

If the Jard is too ugly, SBI is working on a DI BCG that will work best with their svelte Lynx upper and lower, but should also work with a WK Gen 1 or MCR. This would allow use of a gas tube instead of the piston, which should allow use of the A2 forend sure. I don't know if they will make a version for the WK Gen 2.

Would be nice to offer a cheaper stripped version for all of us with an abundance of AR-15 parts. All I really need is the upper with a stripped lower, plan on replacing trigger, butt, pistol grip and flash suppressor.

Would be nice to offer a cheaper stripped version for all of us with an abundance of AR-15 parts. All I really need is the upper with a stripped lower, plan on replacing trigger, butt, pistol grip and flash suppressor.

Get a SBI Lynx or TNA receiver set, and get the WK specific parts from TNA. You can optionally get a mid length piston rod and mid length gas port barrel from Third Echelon, or a rifle length piston from TNA.

Yeah I’m with you. This or the r18 are the only two i could see myself building. I’d absolutely kill to have a retro AR build, hut there’s no way in hell I’m dealing with the butt-ugly magwell or lower of previous gens. Gotta be straight like the gen 2 or upwards curved like the r18

The way the Libs can arbitrarily take a Non- restricted and make it Prohib overnight without any oversight has kept me from making any big purchases of Black type rifles. My Stag 10 comes to mind, fired about 30 rds from it before the Liberal gun ban.

Yeah I’m with you. This or the r18 are the only two i could see myself building. I’d absolutely kill to have a retro AR build, hut there’s no way in hell I’m dealing with the butt-ugly magwell or lower of previous gens. Gotta be straight like the gen 2 or upwards curved like the r18

The TNA lower has a straight magwell, too.

Does the upper receiver have steel inserts for the bolt to run in? I see Kodiak was selling full steel receivers for their last models

Back
Top Bottom