Primers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It more than just the libs. The US is paying close to that too last I checked. Starting to get better down south now. It’s insane. But what isn’t right now. 3/4” plywood, farm equipment, abs pipe. You name it prices are off the charts.

Glad I bought 10,000 Cci large rifle primers 10 years ago and haven’t even touched those yet. Lol I paid 39.99$ per 1000! Looks like it was a good investment now. Same as with all the varget I’ve got. Better to hoard when you can. Imho

Unfortunetly I have seen what some Canadian distributors are now wholesaling primers for. These prices will be the new normal going forward, until there more supply or less demand. So if you find something cheaper, it is probably just old stock.

Over $20 a sleeve lol, nope! But like gas prices, a sleeve of primers will never be $10 or even $12 again, why would they when people line up to pay $17-$20 per and $100+ for a lb of powder. It's blamed on the USA ellection with a few million people becoming new gun owner's lol, and now the war in Ukrain! Time to dust off the flint lock and burn up a bunch of black powder I still have. Might be the most practical way for the future.

Well the good news is soon a loaf of bread or litre of gas will be $20 too so that sleeve of primers is going to look like a bargin. Wish I was kidding.

Last edited:
You should see prices for fertilizer it’s 300% higher than prices last year I know a lot of farmers who are not even bothering to plant crops this year as there not even at a break even point. There’s going to be some hungry people soon. I work for a drilling and blasting company you should see the cost for our detonators and explosives were well into hyperinflation. Wish I was wrong but unfortunately I am not

I’ve got 20+ years of components left for my low use firearms. Maybe 10 years for my competition firearms. Once I’m out I guess I’m done shooting. I love this hobby but not at the rates we’re seeing now. It’s sickening. Component costs are doing a better job of ruining this hobby for me than the Liberals are.

Canadian gov double its debt in just over a year bcs of the VID.... so prices doubling up is normal. Like a few mentionned before we are/heading into hyperinflation territories.
My $2 worth !!

Maybe that guy selling a pound of varget for $110 that he probably paid $49.99 for is cashing.

I have over 5 pounds of R10x that i was using for my 204 now that I shoot a 223 I found a 36 grain bullet that the manufacture recommends the R10x

A 5 shot group at 200 yards was just under 1.5 inches

I’ve got 20+ years of components left for my low use firearms. Maybe 10 years for my competition firearms. Once I’m out I guess I’m done shooting. I love this hobby but not at the rates we’re seeing now. It’s sickening. Component costs are doing a better job of ruining this hobby for me than the Liberals are.

The problem is that the other folk at the range are likely to run out sooner than that, and one day the competitions dry up because not enough people have the ammo to sign up, and then further down the road there aren't enough people to keep the range open.

Meanwhile it makes it hard to move into new calibers, and eventually you get to the part of your cache you weren't looking forward to shooting because you'd stocked up in your youth before you appreciated better quality, and now it's time to hold your nose and plink off that stuff. Sigh.

I'll quit shooting before I pay that for primers...all good things must come to an end, it was fun while it was affordable.

Oh well, chock up another win for the Liberals! :(

So when gas goes up to $2.00 per liter do you quit driving?

I have a hard time buying that the manufacturers of primers and components have seen their costs rise by 500% which is going to drive up a distributors cost accordingly.
I still have primers purchased in the early 1980's that have $.29 price tags on them for a sleeve of 100 CCI250 primers. Not BR's mind you which historically have been more expensive.

That being said I am also at a loss as to how 3 years ago a barrel of oil sold for just over $100.00 USD per barrel and regular gas sold for .86 per liter, but now a barrel of crude is selling again for just over $100.00 USD per barrel yet gas is $1.75 or more.

So when gas goes up to $2.00 per liter do you quit driving?

I have a hard time buying that the manufacturers of primers and components have seen their costs rise by 500% which is going to drive up a distributors cost accordingly.
I still have primers purchased in the early 1980's that have $.29 price tags on them for a sleeve of 100 CCI250 primers. Not BR's mind you which historically have been more expensive.

That being said I am also at a loss as to how 3 years ago a barrel of oil sold for just over $100.00 USD per barrel and regular gas sold for .86 per liter, but now a barrel of crude is selling again for just over $100.00 USD per barrel yet gas is $1.75 or more.

Driving is a necessity, shooting is a hobby....makes a huge difference.

On every front it is pretty clear that this "government" has declared war on the citizens.

And nobody cares enough to hold them to account for their actions!

The court cannot even be bothered to hear Covid cases until September.

This should help you to understand the sad state of affairs that will only get worse.

The evil that is being implemented throughout western civilized countries is not sustainable.

At some point the sh!t is going to hit the fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom