Poly 80 shipment update, May 21, 2024

doesnt say much in the second notice about handgun parts at all, as a non contolled part was allowed as long as it was under $500 under ITAR

Businesses are different, I have not yet had an import permit cancelled as of yet, but I am also getting conflicting information from cusstom brokers.

Current on the phone with the CBSA to see if they have been given any NEW directives to follow.

*update* the CBSA officer that I have talked to said that there in NO change in the importation of parts. No change in the importation of handguns, but if you don't have an import permit, it will be refused. So in a non-lawfull way the Liberals get what they want by denying all permiths for nNEW imports of hanguns.

There is a great deal of confusion as to what is going on, I to had a conversation with an CBSA officer in Saskatoon that said there shouldn't be an issue, however, the officer responsible for clearing a shipment at the border at time of crossing could have an entirely different opinion. We are going to attempt to have the shipment go across should the stars align.

I spent an hour talking to both Global Affairs Canada and CBSA

Both confirmed since august 19, no changes in handgun parts has been made. If you are like me, you have a specific import permit for the P80 parts for the year, and the import permit hasn’t been revoked.

There no new directive for the CBSA officer doing the clearance, it’s just if there is no permit (handguns), the shipment will be denied. Only changes is that GAC is not issuing permits. No permits no importation.

I spent an hour talking to both Global Affairs Canada and CBSA

Both confirmed since august 19, no changes in handgun parts has been made. If you are like me, you have a specific import permit for the P80 parts for the year, and the import permit hasn’t been revoked.

There no new directive for the CBSA officer doing the clearance, it’s just if there is no permit (handguns), the shipment will be denied. Only changes is that GAC is not issuing permits. No permits no importation.

We will find out tomorrow if it crosses, we are giving it a go.

I was absolutely convinced this wouldn't happen but...Very happy to report, after a lot of uncertainty, and being convinced we would not get our shipment across the border, we have just been informed that it has been cleared, we will have more Polymer80 parts!!!

Kudos to Saskatoon Gunworks, an awesome retailer for the P80 availability, pricing, customer service, shipping, fast response to the email, and they always pick up the phone.

Bought a frame earlier and then bought a fully assembled slide from the most recent shipment, unfortunately, the slide could not ride with the frame. The owner offered "gratis" for the slide :p.

Will definitely come back to purchase more P80 or Nomad frames (if the import is reinstated in the future) and parts.

I seriously thought SKT GW would gauge the price for the latest shipment like some other retailers do, though it’s understandable due to this batch could very well be their last shipment. In fact, they did not change the price at all. Kudo x 2 ~

Last edited:
Great job bringing in the P80 guns and frames and parts, you’ve made a lot of folks happy.

On any future shipments might I suggest bringing in some g19 and g17 threaded barrels, lots of folks have picked up glocks in the past few weeks and many will be wanting to add comps as part of what they’re building, myself included.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom