Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW ARRIVAL - Ruger Scout Rifle 308 Win

CGN Regular
    I still have mine from 2013ish. I love its utility but god I hate how heavy it is. As much as I dislike synthetic stocks on my guns, I would be tempted to put one on just make it less of a pain.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    They want $2700 for a Savage Scout at my LGS, so this is a good buy for a winter gun with irons. CZ no longer makes the Ranger rifle with irons IIRC.
    I just bought a savage scout , $1099 plus gst and shipping
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

How do you like the Savage? (If you have it yet)
    Slava Ukraini
    Beholden to neither left nor right, just calling the world as I see it
    "I literally just directly quoted your use of colour revolution techniques..."

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Its very nice, its chambered in 450 bush, only test fired so far, I just bought one of these rugers from rangeview as well so we will see which stays and which goes
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

By chance, anyone have a spare synthetic/composite stock for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post

Not much difference to the Mossberg MVP in 308 but those prices will probably go up soon as well.

Hard pass.
    I have to disagree. The Ruger is superior in terms of quality. Mossberg has never had a quality rifle that I've seen. 590A1's yes, rifle no. Sloppy bolts. Poor stocks. The bottom dollar in rifles for the low end mass market.

CGN Regular
    It’s a free market unfortunately, they can ask whatever they want after all, it’s up to the people to decide what’s a product worth. In this case It looks like some people thought it was worth it, that’s your answer. Now, will I buy it myself ? No...not even when they were 1000$, not too long ago. Why ? Well a 308 with a 16in barrel doesn’t make sense to start with. It’s compact but at the same time not so light, which make this not so versatile to carry around...which was the origin intent. Go see nut fancy review on YouTube regarding this riffle. Even the action isn’t something that is worth this price. BUT, I’m really glad , and I mean it, that such products are available to those who want something as cool as this. It’s definitely awesome looking, and having held one in my hands, they’re superbe quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Pug View Post
    By chance, anyone have a spare synthetic/composite stock for sale?
    I ordered straight from shopruger.com and they ship to me, maybe a mistake but I don't know for sure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KND View Post
    I ordered straight from shopruger.com and they ship to me, maybe a mistake but I don't know for sure.
    The synthetic stock is a quality piece for the money… but, it will make the 18” models front heavy.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I had a Mini 14 once in that laminate stock. Beautiful gun but so heavy, you just want to put it into a display and leave it there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast