The all new Famae flat top.

thanks TI for bringing in more 542 mags! Was starting to lose hope of ever seeing them on the commercial again, yoinked quite a few of them.

too bad these dont come with irons for the cost

I have one of the 540's with the iron sights and they are absolutely horrible to look through, thick black paint on the rear drum and the front post is really chunky. That being said aesthetically they do look good. I put an ERE rail on it as soon as possible and have a low mount aimpoint comp m4 for it.

https://imgur.com/a/RiFE47K

Last edited:
As one of the people that placed a deposit in the previous order I applaud TI for not asking for deposits. This is a business expense as it ought to be (since the retailer has the expectation of profit). Thanks TI for bringing these in. Always liked the classic look.

I have one of the 540's with the iron sights and they are absolutely horrible to look through, thick black paint on the rear drum and the front post is really chunky. That being said aesthetically they do look good. I put an ERE rail on it as soon as possible and have a low mount aimpoint comp m4 for it.

The rear sight needs to be drilled out slightly as I think the paint filled the holes more then intended.
The front sight is huge though, precision work is out of the question for sure. I had a aimpoint h2 mounted low on mine, worked great.

The SG 543 1M is brand new to Canada, never been imported before. Only the 542 1M and 540 1M was imported previously by our competitor (who ordered a year after us, yet received delivery about a year ago :confused:). We wanted the 543-1M (with extended barrel) so that the front end would be lighter and easier to use, as you have a short gas system and quadrail in comparison to the full-length models.

The cut-out in the stock adapter is in place from factory, no drilling any anything required

View attachment 721354

Excellent thank you for the clarification and photo!

As one of the people that placed a deposit in the previous order I applaud TI for not asking for deposits. This is a business expense as it ought to be (since the retailer has the expectation of profit). Thanks TI for bringing these in. Always liked the classic look.

Thank-you for the kind words! These are actually a horrible investment, having huge amounts of funds tied up for years on end with threat of bans for margins so small we can't even sell to dealers literally makes no business sense whatsoever. But these are cool af and the more black guns we have in this country the better as far as we're concerned :rockOn:

Had the same issue with my SG542, the put a real thick layer of paint

too bad these dont come with irons for the cost

Yup needs that for the old school battle rifle look. Would have definitely picked up a 542 to go with my original 540 and SAF if it had Irons.

Regardless, thanks TI for keeping FAMAE in our market, even with all the crap being shovelled on our beloved industry.

Back
Top Bottom