The all new Famae flat top.

Any news on replacement hand guards ?

In my opinion there are no replacement handguards, it's nice to hope but this isn't going to happen. These handguards have been made in this way for more then 5 years. They were shipping them out with these for a long time. When the injection molds were made they probably screwed up on the dimensions and just made them in this way. To make a new molds it can cost hundreds of thousands of $, and two are needed. The market for these is very small probably only Canada buys them, i don't see any other country buying these because there are other cheaper more modern alternatives. We buy them because we are forced to, there is nothing else left. I don't think there will be any replacements what's so ever.

In my opinion there are no replacement handguards, it's nice to hope but this isn't going to happen. These handguards have been made in this way for more then 5 years. They were shipping them out with these for a long time. When the injection molds were made they probably screwed up on the dimensions and just made them in this way. To make a new molds it can cost hundreds of thousands of $, and two are needed. The market for these is very small probably only Canada buys them, i don't see any other country buying these because there are other cheaper more modern alternatives. We buy them because we are forced to, there is nothing else left. I don't think there will be any replacements what's so ever.

Nonsense

You could be correct. I’ve got the Famae rubber end cap that is made for these but I’m not using it as my gorilla tape looks pretty good. Even watching other YouTube reviews from other countries, the rubber end cap is in use. So, you could be correct - this could be how the handguards are intentionally made.

I would have bought one of these regardless of what is available - it’s a unique and interesting rifle.

I just got my Sg 543-1M delivered. not a HUGE fan of the cheesegrater handguard. Does anyone know if the classic handguard fits the modern military version of the SG-543-1M?

I just got my Sg 543-1M delivered. not a HUGE fan of the cheesegrater handguard. Does anyone know if the classic handguard fits the modern military version of the SG-543-1M?

I’m not sure if it’ll fit or not.

Maybe try some rail ladders, they’re very cheap on eBay or at an airsoft store. Don’t go paying magpul prices for cheap rubber.

which part is nonsense? I think I had a conversation with you before but you're braindead and there is no reason to explain anything to you. I personally asked TI in an email about rumors about handguards and they didn't bother to respond to that question. They addressed everything else except that specific question. They are also on this post you don't see them assuring people that new handguards are coming in do you. So my advice you keep your bull#### rumors to yourself and let the adults do the thinking you're not intelligent enough to do critical thinking. Just stop spreading misinformation giving people wrong information.

I have a email from tactical imports. and they have said all the hand guards from the flat tops famaes are being replaced but there is no eta yet on when they will arrive. I got this email this month.

I have a email from tactical imports. and they have said all the hand guards from the flat tops famaes are being replaced but there is no eta yet on when they will arrive. I got this email this month.

Well that would be nice, i hope I'm wrong. But lets ask them to declare this here publicly, keep in mind they are under no obligation to ship out replacements. The rifles were sold as is and nowhere did they say replacements will be provided when the rifle was sold.
@Tactical Imports could you please clear this up and let us know if replacement handguards will be provided for the SG542 flat top rifles?

Any news on replacement hand guards ?

We met with them at SHOT currently they are expected to ship in April. They have to get permits and it is taking a long time :(

Just to recap they are being provided free of charge to all owners from our shipment/import. We will also be supplying with them the missing cleaning kit and sling as well, free of charge.

We are also working on more 542 mags to come in as well. We are getting extra as it seems there is a shortage currently :)

We met with them at SHOT currently they are expected to ship in April. They have to get permits and it is taking a long time :(

Just to recap they are being provided free of charge to all owners from our shipment/import. We will also be supplying with them the missing cleaning kit and sling as well, free of charge.

We are also working on more 542 mags to come in as well. We are getting extra as it seems there is a shortage currently :)

Thank you very much for clearing up the rumors, we all appreciate you working on this.
Thank you!!!

Is there any way to purchase an extra butt stock? I have one of the original runs from years back, but the buttstock plastic is cracked (previous owner dropped it hard) and I’d really love a new one

which part is nonsense? I think I had a conversation with you before but you're braindead and there is no reason to explain anything to you. I personally asked TI in an email about rumors about handguards and they didn't bother to respond to that question. They addressed everything else except that specific question. They are also on this post you don't see them assuring people that new handguards are coming in do you. So my advice you keep your bull#### rumors to yourself and let the adults do the thinking you're not intelligent enough to do critical thinking. Just stop spreading misinformation giving people wrong information.

Well now you are nonsense, that's a big slap in the face. Well done TI.

Well now you are nonsense, that's a big slap in the face. Well done TI.

It is nonsense if you're braindead. i personally don't care what some shmuck on the internet says he was told, i care to hear from the company myself loud and clear, and it is not a slap in the face except for you, for dozens of people on here would probably thank me for the information.
And there is another part to this, until i see the object in your hand delivered it is still just hope, things can change until then. i don't care what people say i want to see action, i want to see if they live up to their promises. with your mentality that's why people keep voting for JT they go for what is told not what is done. I'm not as gullible as some :), I'm very skeptical.

If there's anyone having issues with inconsistent accuracy with the flat top 542, try checking the front mounting bolt. I discovered that the front bolt was slightly too long so it was bottoming out in the hole, the play in the rail was just barely noticeable.

Anyway to add some replacement handguards for the Famae SAF? Mine cracked a long time ago and there are no 3rd party replacements out there.

Anyway to add some replacement handguards for the Famae SAF? Mine cracked a long time ago and there are no 3rd party replacements out there.

Is there any way to purchase an extra butt stock? I have one of the original runs from years back, but the buttstock plastic is cracked (previous owner dropped it hard) and I’d really love a new one

Send us an email with pictures ASAP. We will do our best to get on this shipment

Back
Top Bottom