Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: The all new Famae flat top.

Quote Originally Posted by canadaguns1991 View Post
    It took them over 3 years to get these ones in so we may not see anymore,but who knows with today's government
    If it takes another 3 years its worth the wait that means Trudeau will finally fxxk off!

Any news on replacement hand guards ?

CGN Regular
    Any news on replacement hand guards ?
    In my opinion there are no replacement handguards, it's nice to hope but this isn't going to happen. These handguards have been made in this way for more then 5 years. They were shipping them out with these for a long time. When the injection molds were made they probably screwed up on the dimensions and just made them in this way. To make a new molds it can cost hundreds of thousands of $, and two are needed. The market for these is very small probably only Canada buys them, i don't see any other country buying these because there are other cheaper more modern alternatives. We buy them because we are forced to, there is nothing else left. I don't think there will be any replacements what's so ever.

Uber Super GunNutz Mikehenrybell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmackd View Post
    In my opinion there are no replacement handguards, it's nice to hope but this isn't going to happen. These handguards have been made in this way for more then 5 years. They were shipping them out with these for a long time. When the injection molds were made they probably screwed up on the dimensions and just made them in this way. To make a new molds it can cost hundreds of thousands of $, and two are needed. The market for these is very small probably only Canada buys them, i don't see any other country buying these because there are other cheaper more modern alternatives. We buy them because we are forced to, there is nothing else left. I don't think there will be any replacements what's so ever.
    Nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by dmackd View Post
    You could be correct. Iíve got the Famae rubber end cap that is made for these but Iím not using it as my gorilla tape looks pretty good. Even watching other YouTube reviews from other countries, the rubber end cap is in use. So, you could be correct - this could be how the handguards are intentionally made.

I would have bought one of these regardless of what is available - itís a unique and interesting rifle.

I just got my Sg 543-1M delivered. not a HUGE fan of the cheesegrater handguard. Does anyone know if the classic handguard fits the modern military version of the SG-543-1M?

Quote Originally Posted by 155DangerClose View Post
    I just got my Sg 543-1M delivered. not a HUGE fan of the cheesegrater handguard. Does anyone know if the classic handguard fits the modern military version of the SG-543-1M?
    Iím not sure if itíll fit or not.

Maybe try some rail ladders, theyíre very cheap on eBay or at an airsoft store. Donít go paying magpul prices for cheap rubber.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehenrybell View Post
    Nonsense
    which part is nonsense? I think I had a conversation with you before but you're braindead and there is no reason to explain anything to you. I personally asked TI in an email about rumors about handguards and they didn't bother to respond to that question. They addressed everything else except that specific question. They are also on this post you don't see them assuring people that new handguards are coming in do you. So my advice you keep your bull#### rumors to yourself and let the adults do the thinking you're not intelligent enough to do critical thinking. Just stop spreading misinformation giving people wrong information.

I have a email from tactical imports. and they have said all the hand guards from the flat tops famaes are being replaced but there is no eta yet on when they will arrive. I got this email this month.

CGN Regular
    I have a email from tactical imports. and they have said all the hand guards from the flat tops famaes are being replaced but there is no eta yet on when they will arrive. I got this email this month.
    Well that would be nice, i hope I'm wrong. But lets ask them to declare this here publicly, keep in mind they are under no obligation to ship out replacements. The rifles were sold as is and nowhere did they say replacements will be provided when the rifle was sold.
    @Tactical Imports could you please clear this up and let us know if replacement handguards will be provided for the SG542 flat top rifles?