**UPDATE** for CZ Bren 2 MS Barrel Components only at Dlask Arms Corp.

To be fair, I am really confused by the comments of people here... Isn't this threadt for drop-in barrel? Because if so, you wouldn't be able to have a drop-in barrel from R to NR? Like for example, I currently own an 8" Bren 2 and I am looking to convert it to NR (the 8" is short gas like 11" and from the reviews on 11" conversion, it has been fine). This is not possible to have a drop-in barrel no?

I though it was basically for either barrel conversion or swapping between 8" and 11" for short gas, it could also swap between 16.5 and NR version since both are carbine lenght gas but that would require a reclassification each time you swap anyway?

Pardon my ignorance

To be fair, I am really confused by the comments of people here... Isn't this threadt for drop-in barrel? Because if so, you wouldn't be able to have a drop-in barrel from R to NR? Like for example, I currently own an 8" Bren 2 and I am looking to convert it to NR (the 8" is short gas like 11" and from the reviews on 11" conversion, it has been fine). This is not possible to have a drop-in barrel no?

I though it was basically for either barrel conversion or swapping between 8" and 11" for short gas, it could also swap between 16.5 and NR version since both are carbine lenght gas but that would require a reclassification each time you swap anyway?

Pardon my ignorance

I’ll just share what I’m doing, for an example scenario. I have a NR Bren and a R Bren. I want to get my 11” barrel completed with the trunnion and gas block so that I’ll have another barrel, at a different length, to drop in my R classified Bren.

Don’t assume anything here.

Hey guys and gals,

++NOTICE++

DO NOT send your barrels in yet. As per usual, once we are ready for them we will post it up here. Until then we don't need a stack of random parts plugging up the safe. Anything that comes in before we ask you to send them goes into the BACK of the safe and will most likely be done by fall...maybe.

You guys know we play things like this in as fair a manner as we can so if you think you can jump the queue then you don't know us very well ( ;

As for the test firing issue it escaped me that yes, we do have 7.62 + 5.56 shop rifles that we can test the barrels on but that does not mean that the barrel will 100% work on your rifle. Why you ask ? Good question. Well, mostly because there are about as many combinations of factory parts on these rifles as there are combinations for the 6/49. And since we just cannot go out and buy one of each example we can only say that if you want to send the rifle we will guarantee 100% it works. If you just send the barrel and the gas parts (regulator, piston head, piston shaft and recoil spring) then we can most likely get it very, very close to perfect for your rifle.

It looks like the trunnions should be done Nitride by the end of the week so I will post up here once they are back and we are ready to accept barrels and parts for those of you that chose to have us install the parts.

The gas regulators, piston heads, piston shafts and springs we are making will also be done soon. The regulators we are making as blanks with the gas holes only dimpled but not drill through so we can adjust them to any barrel length and caliber that we choose. This makes it sooo much easier to have drop-on barrels tuned properly for all of the barrels we will have as drop-on kits - 7.62, 5.56 + 300 AAC.

Stand by and I will update this thread as things progress. Thank you for your patience, it is greatly appreciated.

I hope I’m okay posting this for information purposes, I went to the CZ store in Prague looking for parts for a 16” bren. I was surprised to discover the factory 16” Brens use the 8-9” piston front which is flat on the gas port end, where as the CZ USA 16” bren has a pointed end which is basically the same as the 11” just a larger diameter. The picture is of the a 16” and 11” (5.56) gas system the guy pulled off the rifles in front of me. Note* the 16” guns gas tube looked the same as the CZ USA 16” gas tube, it was marked “HB” and had 3 ported positions -,1,+
FF894E09-7CCE-4104-8713-8F64E395D100.jpg

Attachments

• FF894E09-7CCE-4104-8713-8F64E395D100.jpg
    FF894E09-7CCE-4104-8713-8F64E395D100.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 249
I hope I’m okay posting this for information purposes, I went to the CZ store in Prague looking for parts for a 16” bren. I was surprised to discover the factory 16” Brens use the 8-9” piston front which is flat on the gas port end, where as the CZ USA 16” bren has a pointed end which is basically the same as the 11” just a larger diameter. The picture is of the a 16” and 11” (5.56) gas system the guy pulled off the rifles in front of me. Note* the 16” guns gas tube looked the same as the CZ USA 16” gas tube, it was marked “HB” and had 3 ported positions -,1,+
View attachment 768757

Rob,

That's not even half of the parts we've seen in these...lol. The HB is for the 16 in. rifles and stands for 'Heavy Barrel' meaning the 18mm gas block version. If you have a 16in. rifle you can also see this on the data decal on the side of the box beside the barrel length. If your still in Praha have a pivo for me !

Just saw a dude on ####### already selling what looks like the block and trunnion kit being sold here.

Forgive me if it’s an inappropriate question (I’ll delete if so) but if these kits sell out, could I just send my Bren in to get the original parts back on the original barrel?

Just saw a dude on ####### already selling what looks like the block and trunnion kit being sold here.

Forgive me if it’s an inappropriate question (I’ll delete if so) but if these kits sell out, could I just send my Bren in to get the original parts back on the original barrel?

It’s not through Dlask. I talked to them through ####### as we’ve done a transaction before. They got it from someone else.

So who has already made the parts and currently has them in hand to sell?

Who is the manufacturer since you say they are not from Dlask.

I have no idea. I reached out to the seller because I was curious and the gas block looks identical to what Dlask is producing. All I know is that it didn’t come from Dlask. I had someone on Reddit contact me to share that someone else is planning to make these parts available at some point, but wouldn’t share who and I wouldn’t share here (Dlask’s own thread) even if I knew.

I’m more than hesitant to consider going elsewhere for parts and services, Leigh knows his stuff and seems to have taken a liking to this platform. As tough as spare parts have been to gather, I just decided to get another Bren 2, but it came with a cast gas block :/

Back
Top Bottom