New release! The CDX-X145 anti-material rifle - 14.5x114 mm

Hummm... I'm wondering if I can trade a part of my defined-contribution pension plan in exchange for one of those ... eventually ...

14.5 ammo is incredibly hard to find and expensive when you do. Not to mention the ridiculous ban as well. It will be a nice piece of kit for different ####holes around the planet though.

This was probably built for Ukraine and other countries that use eastern bloc equipment that use 14.5mm already

This was probably built for Ukraine and other countries that use eastern bloc equipment that use 14.5mm already

There was apparently also an issue that the available 14.5x114 ammo was just nowhere near the quality of the .50 BMG (12.7x99) that Western snipers were using, so as a stopgap Ukraine invented the 12.7x114 HL so they could use the really good bullets and barrels with the extra velocity from the larger case. This new Cadex rifle may be an indication that quality ammo for the original caliber must be coming available too.

There was apparently also an issue that the available 14.5x114 ammo was just nowhere near the quality of the .50 BMG (12.7x99) that Western snipers were using, so as a stopgap Ukraine invented the 12.7x114 HL so they could use the really good bullets and barrels with the extra velocity from the larger case. This new Cadex rifle may be an indication that quality ammo for the original caliber must be coming available too.

You would expect that ammo would be readily available or in the works before spending the money to tool up for production of a rifle like this

Back
Top Bottom