Seeking advise on how we should we reply to this customer!

InterSurplus

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   1
Actual email recieved, but this thread is for entretainment only...

''You actually have 22 hornet unprimed brass in stock and can be shipped within a few days?
If so I will place an order.
If I get a message back that this is backordered, I will call the credit card company and cancel the payment. Just being upfront.''

You should send him the brass free of charge and if he is happy with the product and service he can then make payment :p

Just let that customer pass..
If he had any brain he will have first asked if the brass was in stock..making treat mean ‘eject button ‘ in my book.
Answer him “brass is not in stock “ even if it is…

Last edited:
Hahaha poor guy is jaded from some past experience. I'd respond and confirm that the item is in stock and ready to go. It actually sounds like a message from my grandpa. Give the man a break.

Sounds like a yes or no answer to me. People are getting screwed left right and centre these days. Kill them with kindness, is my moto.

I hate these “how should we proceed” threads. It’s not the first time a company has posted one of these only to be caught out being less than truthful….

While the threat does seem to raise some red flags, it could be a cultural difference, or he might have been screwed over on a previous transaction.

You can go the good guy route, Reply to the email with a picture of the product in question showing him that you have it and tell him that you are holding it for him.
Or you could go the other route, and either send him a photo of you destroying it, or let him know that if he orders it, you will cancel his order.
Third option is you could just do nothing.

I think the first option is probably your best bet.

Because some distributors take the money without actually having the item in stock. He probably got screwed before; nothing wrong with his question. you either have the items or you don’t, it’s a simple question. If you need advice on how to reply, your customer service dept needs some work.

Do you have the product he is looking to purchase in the store and in Stock? If so, I think you can make a sale to him for that product, if not, I would just be honest and indicate that you do not have stock and it is indeed back-ordered as I think he would then purchase elsewhere. Seems pretty straight forward with some honest communication.

Back
Top Bottom