Gsg stg-44 non-restricted rifle

Here is a scary thought. Since the official designation of the MP40 is Machine Pistol, will the MP40 be labeled as a pistol and thus limited to 10 rounds?

Here is a scary thought. Since the official designation of the MP40 is Machine Pistol, will the MP40 be labeled as a pistol and thus limited to 10 rounds?

That would really suck... if they did that.. I hope its non restricted rifle not a pistol.. the mp44 should be a rifle though..

Well like the video of the guy showing them said they are pistols when folded in the states but... they have a pinned stock version as well so we can always hope..

American legal rulings seldom have influence on Canadian rulings, since we have quite different laws.

If the barrels on the gsg guns are 1-2 inches longer than the original we can have them as non-res with folding stock.

I like how the same questions keep coming up :p

How about this question? I skimmed the thread yesterday and didn't see it.

What're these guns made out of? I'm talking the major parts.

I'm hoping stamped sheet metal or milled aluminium, but injection molded plastic or die cast metal are also possible.

It's not classified yet. It's currently under review with the RCMP once we have a classification we will let you know.

Best regards,
Scott

I was referring to this gun. The same one that Marstar had. Their site isn't working for me at the moment, but i was curious as to what it was classified as. If it was classified as NR, than chances are so will the .22 version.

produktseite_bd38.png

How about this question? I skimmed the thread yesterday and didn't see it.

What're these guns made out of? I'm talking the major parts.

I'm hoping stamped sheet metal or milled aluminium, but injection molded plastic or die cast metal are also possible.

I haven't seen them but I was told they are all metal. I will have to ask what kind.

Best regards,
Scott

I haven't seen them but I was told they are all metal. I will have to ask what kind.

Best regards,
Scott

Thanks! Since the 44 was originally a stamped design it may actually lend itself to be stamped sheet metal again. I don't know anything about the 40, but seems it could be done as well.

In any event, if they stick to metal parts that'll be a big plus in my books. I look forward to hearing more about these guns.

I was referring to this gun. The same one that Marstar had. Their site isn't working for me at the moment, but i was curious as to what it was classified as. If it was classified as NR, than chances are so will the .22 version.

FYI for those who were curious on this - the Marstar guns are centerfire so their barrel length kills any chance of non-res status, while the GSG guns are rimfire, so don't have to have 18 inch barrels, so have a way better chance of being non-restricted. If the GSG guns come up short, I wonder if there's potential to have GSG make the barrels slightly longer?

Last edited:
FYI for those who were curious on this - the Marstar guns are centerfire so their barrel length kills any chance of non-res status, while the GSG guns are rimfire, so don't have to have 18 inch barrels, so have a way better chance of being non-restricted. If the GSG guns come up short, I wonder if there's potential to have GSG make the barrels slightly longer?

Ah! I totally forgot about the whole rimfire rules. Thanks for the correction and the information! :) ;)

February 25, 2008: The RCMP’s FRT Department classified GSG-5 as prohibited weapon, claiming it to be HK-MP5 variant. The decision was entirely based on visual appearance, rather than technical facts. We have decided to dispute that decision. We retained T. Murray Rankin Q.C. of Heenan Blaikie to pursue a review of that decision and, if necessary, an appeal. We will further inform you of any developments on this matter.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
GODDAMNED FOOKERS

Last edited:
February 25, 2008: The RCMP’s FRT Department classified GSG-5 as prohibited weapon, claiming it to be HK-MP5 variant. The decision was entirely based on visual appearance, rather than technical facts. We have decided to dispute that decision. We retained T. Murray Rankin Q.C. of Heenan Blaikie to pursue a review of that decision and, if necessary, an appeal. We will further inform you of any developments on this matter.

GODDAMNED FOOKERS

they did the same thing with the GSG ak47 as well... :(

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
GODDAMNED FOOKERS

They said it was because of a us court case and when we asked about the GSG 552 which in the us was deemed to not be a variant they said it still was. We are currently working on appeal at this time. The GSG-AK47 Cal .22Lr HV was deemed to be a variant of an ak 47 even though it didn't share any of the parts or even the same function internally.

Best regards,
Scott

They said it was because of a us court case and when we asked about the GSG 552 which in the us was deemed to not be a variant they said it still was.

Wow I guess they make or amend laws as they go along, citing laws from other countries as examples if it suits them without disregard to our own sovereignty and denying or nullifying others just because they deem it fit in their opinion.... all unchallenged....
Are we living in a democracy???? Ignore me... I'm just ranting as a concerned citizen.

Wow I guess they make or amend laws as they go along, citing laws from other countries as examples if it suits them without disregard to our own sovereignty and denying or nullifying others just because they deem it fit in their opinion.... all unchallenged....
Are we living in a democracy???? Ignore me... I'm just ranting as a concerned citizen.

It's the RCMP when they are wrong they will never admit it.. and it's the ones on the top that make the messed up rules ect.. Most cops have to go along with what they are told too do or they wouldnt have a job.. If someone at the bottom went pff thats not the law its this agianst there boss ect you know they are getting fired..

" Most cops have to go along with what they are told too do or they wouldnt have a job.. If someone at the bottom went pff thats not the law its this agianst there boss ect you know they are getting fired.. "

LOL at a cop getting fired. I think you mean suspended with pay.

Back
Top Bottom