NEA Swiss Arms lowers

I've fired this lower. Fit and finish is excellent and the it is MUCH nicer overall than the SIG 556 lower.

I would much rather have a lower that uses the same mags as the rest of my tac guns. I can use one set of gear and the same mags across all platforms. Win/Win. I'm a big fan of the outcome. The fact that a Canadian company could spit this out so fast with this quality and the price point reached.. kudos.

Give NEA a break guys. We are a tiny, tiny market. The more markets NEA can open up will translate into better pricing for us. NEA is one of the few company's out there who are willing to pass on actual savings to their retail customers as they stream-line their production process and reduce costs - instead of keeping prices as is and maximizing their profits like so many other US & Canadian businesses.

For those looking to colour match lowers with uppers, contact CGN user "Murdoc" who does a bang-up job and offers a really professional epoxy based gun finish that duplicates the original Swiss Arms colours.

For those looking to colour match lowers with uppers, contact CGN user "Murdoc" who does a bang-up job and offers a really professional epoxy based gun finish that duplicates the original Swiss Arms colours.

I spoke to Murdoc yesterday, he was mixing up a batch of green love for the swiss lowers. Give him a call.

For those #####ing about having to swap the internals from the swiss to the new lower, why?

I can't help but think that this new lower would be a far better option.

Why would you be going back and forth?

Just curious as it makes little sense to me.

No need for apologies, the SAN stripped upper receivers retail for $817.00

Are all of the other upper parts available? If so, would a complete upper parts set, NEA lower, and LPK be cost-effective compared with buying the whole rifle and retrofitting the new lower?

For those #####ing about having to swap the internals from the swiss to the new lower, why?

I can't help but think that this new lower would be a far better option.

Why would you be going back and forth?

Just curious as it makes little sense to me.
I have a SA rifle. I am happy with the upper and lower. Why would I buy a different lower? Just for the AR mags? For me the expense and hassle plus the fact that I will "neutralize" my SA, for which I paid dearly, far outweigh the 10 round benefit for the AR mags. As for statements that SA mags suck, well, since I don't jump out of planes and do fast roping down helicopters any more to damage my plastic SA mags, I'll pass. However, having said all that as my own view on the subject, I must applaud NEA for their willingness to venture into new directions and the more Canadian made-choices we have, the better. If I had a spare set of inner parts for the SA lower or I could buy them at a reasonable price then I would consider the NEA lower.

I think these are really being marketed to the crowd that want to use 10 rounders for drills and comps etc. Otherwise spending this kind of money if you are perfectly happy with your SA lower would judt be a waste.

That said if you want to be able to run your SA in CQB, and others than I see no reason to be switching back and forth. If these lowers prove to be reliable I would do as is suggested and sell my SA lower, and be done with it.

The cost of buying as many swiss arms mags as I have AR mags would exceed the cost of these lowers. And I can use 10 rounds. :D

The cost of buying as many swiss arms mags as I have AR mags would exceed the cost of these lowers. And I can use 10 rounds. :D
Fair enough. When I bought my SA mags they were less than $50 per 30/5. Of course, Dominion mags works just as well and are quite a bit cheaper so the only real incentive to spend the money is the 10 round LAR mag availability. If this is important enough, then the NEA lower is the way to go. In any case, it's great to see Canadian manufacturing firearm parts and complete guns.

OK, so when I preorder one of these from Target Sports this weekend, all I will need is the internals from my SA lower, and an aftermarket AR mag release?

Is there any way to attach the factory folding stock back to the rifle?

How much testing has been done on this lower?

- Have a number of lower parts been swapped in an out to ensure proper function?
- What mags have been used? Pmags, Emags, USGI, TD ARC, LAR-15, Lancer?
- How many rounds on the test guns?
- Any wear points been identified? Pins, Trigger mech etc? all the parts are meant to work with a steel lower and now they are being plopped into an aluminum one.
- Any other testing done?

I would be more interested in a complete lower as well, as then I could swap it out for IPSC/3-gun competitions to get the LAR mags, yet still have the SAN lower for shooting fun.

lonedrone

- Have a number of lower parts been swapped in an out to ensure proper function?
- What mags have been used? Pmags, Emags, USGI, TD ARC, LAR-15, Lancer?
- Any wear points been identified? Pins, Trigger mech etc? all the parts are meant to work with a steel lower and now they are being plopped into an aluminum one.
- Any other testing done?

I would highly doubt any manufacturer would test a lower to the degree that a new platform would be tested, especially since 'they' are all ready in the game building MilSpec products for real world users. If the holes are in the right spots, and the metal used it whats used in other lowers its good enough for me. Testing can be over rated, by a lot. common sense has more value.

I would highly doubt any manufacturer would test a lower to the degree that a new platform would be tested, especially since 'they' are all ready in the game building MilSpec products for real world users. If the holes are in the right spots, and the metal used it whats used in other lowers its good enough for me. Testing can be over rated, by a lot. common sense has more value.

What is "good enough" for some, is not the case for others. Care to enlighten me on what "milspec" products NEA produces for the small arms industry, and what "real world users" have contracted them for firearms parts?

Why should I place blind faith in a company who is relatively new to the market place?

Seriously, it's not like we are talking about the reputation of Colt or FN here. It would be stupid not to thoroughly test a part before releasing it to the public, especially when it's for a very expensive rifle and the part itself costs quite a bit.

Please keep in mind the sig lowers in the U.S are Aluminum. We are using the same foot print internally they used with a few small modifications that we feel make the lower better
- Have a number of lower parts been swapped in an out to ensure proper function? Yes, We have put parts kits into 6 of our lowers without a single issue

-What mags have been used? Pmags, Emags, USGI, TD ARC, LAR-15, Lancer?
All of the above. Not that it matters, there is a specific mil spec for magwell size.

2000 on two test lowers each

What is "good enough" for some, is not the case for others.
I dont disagree, people work hard for their money and they should buy what they feel gives them the best quality and value for their money. I hope i have eased your concerns above.

Care to enlighten me on what "milspec" products NEA produces for the small arms industry, and what "real world users" have contracted them for firearms parts?
After the last flame fest, its nobodies business. If you dont want to beleive that we are shipping components over sea's, it is not my problem. As i stated before though, via google you can find two seperate U.S tac teams using our product

Why should I place blind faith in a company who is relatively new to the market place?
you shouldnt. But i think our quality and customer service record for the last two years speaks volumes to the quality of what we allow out our doors.

Seriously, it's not like we are talking about the reputation of Colt or FN here. It would be stupid not to thoroughly test a part before releasing it to the public, especially when it's for a very expensive rifle and the part itself costs quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom