Tanfoglio Appeal - Back in stock.

I was only concerned that they might be delayed, good to know that they are still on track. Though, I am pretty excited as well.

Dang! I can't even use mine until May anyway and yet I watch these threads like a kid before Christmas. Meanwhile I'm on the "buy accessory" hunt in order to stay sufficiently poor until the pistol arrives and I can play with it. I suppose I could grow up but why?

Gord, stop stirring that pot..........mine is a "secret" gift from my wife........I hope Sean says they are due in March........then, "Supplies".......they are here in a few weeks.........trying to avoid FV Xtreme threads just to ensure the excitement and you are ruining my Bday/Xmas present........

Gord, stop stirring that pot..........mine is a "secret" gift from my wife........I hope Sean says they are due in March........then, "Supplies".......they are here in a few weeks.........trying to avoid FV Xtreme threads just to ensure the excitement and you are ruining my Bday/Xmas present........

Hey R. When I grow up I want to be just like you. You have very nice toys and a wife that likes to shoot as much as you do. Most of the guys here would be very jealous if they knew just how much fun you have.

By the time I get to my northern home, all I will need is ammo and I'm going to order that and have it shipped to one of the guys. When those Xtremes get in, we can meet up for a Tanfo party. Just make sure the ground is nice and dry for my return OK ?

I got mine today. It comes in a hard case like Fabarm shotguns. It even comes with a cleaning kit.

First impressions were all positive. The rifle is very compact and very light. It is so easy to handle. The iron sights are actually plastic and very rudimentary, but the mounting rail is at a the perfect height. Its also worth noting that the rail has no apparent movement in relation to the rest of the rifle. The upper (which includes the rail) is secured to the lower in three places. Another smart feature is that the cocking handl pulls out and can be installed on either side on a whim. The cocking handle pops out and becomes your front sight tool too. Just don't pull it out with the bolt to the rear. Its hard to get back in then.

Disassembly is not too hard. This is my first bull-pup and after reading the manual (which is in plain English and well written) I had no problems navigating around inside it.

I popped the plastic muzzle brake off. The barrel is almost the perfect size to spin a 1/2 28 die over. A birdcage flash hider looks WAY better than the plastic one.

The only issue I found was when I tried to mount a scope. I couldn't get my Burris Zee rings on there to save my life. They aren't high enough anyway because the iron sights were in the way of the scope. So then I went to install the Burris Fastifire I have sitting on an American Defense quick release mount. But that wouldn't work either. The slots in the rail are too narrow for the crossbolt in the mount. I guess its not really a picatinny rail. The slots are sort of bowtie shaped. (Slot is narrower in middle than at ends) But I just popped my Bushnell TRS-25 on there no problem. It has a smaller diameter cross bolt.

I am very much looking forward to shooting this rifle soon!

Thanks Freedom Ventures!

Just got back from the range with my .22WMR Appeal. This thing is great. In another thread, there are many CGN'ers griping about a different $500 gun they just bought and all the quality control issues with the overseas manufacturing. While many are accepting of these shortcomings given the price, I am not so lenient. That said, I have no complaints about this rifle. The fail proof reliability, nice trigger pull and accuracy more than make up for the odd rail. Aside from the lack of a picatinny rail, there are no issues with this rifle.

I shot 250 rounds of 4 different types and they all shot very well. I was really pleased with the relationship between the height of the rail over the bore, my 5 moa red dot and the flight path of my .22WMR bullets. Basically, between all these factors, out to 100m, where I put the dot is exactly where the bullet goes.

My favourite targets of the day were a pair of hockey balls. (We have no snow here yet) From the standing position I was able to hit them all they way out to 100m. That says to me that this rifle is not just a tactical style blaster. This rifle is accurate enough to hunt with. I may have a new turkey gun here.

If anyone comes up with a scope/rings combination that works out well, please do share it here!

Good review. I've been waiting in the shadows on this one - it is screaming for higher capacity mags though.....those 10 rounders with a rimfire are a serious drawback.

The 10 round, single stack, pistol size mags are all composite construction and quite sturdy. The material is thick. Maybe 2.5x the body wall thickness of mags for the Kel Tec PMR's 30 round double stack mags.

If a thinner material was used, I bet we could get a 15 -17 round staggered column mag with the same dimensions. The 1/2" thick floor plate could be opened up sacrificing more durability for a 2 or 3 more rounds of ammo. That could give you almost double the capacity just by changing materials. This would also keep to the guns very sleek profile.

I am not sure, but I don't imagine that hi-capacity mags extending beyond the existing ones will work very well in terms of ergonomics. There may be an extra inch or two available though. Especially if built like the Surefire 60 round AR mags. 25-30 round mags may not be out of the question if someone can make them.

All that said, 10 rounds is better than 5 and the mags work flawlessly.

We were chatting with one of our dealers; Going Fishin' in PEI - a few minutes ago - they still have stock of some 22LR Appeals from the first shipment that came in if anyone is interested. Going Fishin's phone # is (902) 367-3444 - tell 'em we sent ya.
:cheers:

I have been meaning to post a pic for some time now. I think this gun looks a lot better with a birdcage flash hider installed than with the factory plastic thing. It was an easy install. Spare mags are not a problem either.

This is without a doubt the most fun gun I have purchased this year. Thanks Freedom Ventures!

TanfoglioAppeal_zps8de4f3f7.jpg

Wolverine Supplies had this item in stock yesterday and I purchased one along with a tactical scope and bipod foregrip.
Now I do not see the item anywhere in Wolverines stock.
The items said "in stock" when I placed my order.
Keeping my fingers crossed that this item is still available.

Slydog

so who is going to do a review with some nice pictures and a range report? im debating one for steel challenge since it should swing well and be light

That was my initial idea too. I may have missed something in terms of the magazines which were just 5 rounds and as such wouldn't work for me as I actually miss on occasion. Ten round mags would be OK and at first glance this would work well for SC.

Edit:

Oppss my bad. Now I see it comes with a ten round mag.

I have been meaning to post a pic for some time now. I think this gun looks a lot better with a birdcage flash hider installed than with the factory plastic thing. It was an easy install. Spare mags are not a problem either.

This is without a doubt the most fun gun I have purchased this year. Thanks Freedom Ventures!

TanfoglioAppeal_zps8de4f3f7.jpg

I've been wondering, what is the offset between the bore axis and your red dot?

Centre to centre, it was about 4", but I have a scope mounted now that is actually a little higher. MUST remember to aim high on close up gophers!

The flash hider is just a standard A2 Birdcage. I put the crush washer on backwards from how most folks do it though. It got better bearing on the barrel that way.

For those that were interested, I have posted a Range review and detailed strip in the rimfire forum.

Here is a link.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...foglio-Appeal-Range-Reivew-and-Detailed-Strip

Back
Top Bottom