Any Plans for a .308 AR? MAJOR UPDATE MAY 8 2014

LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Are their any plans for ATRS to produce a .308 AR? From what I gather your AT-15 is one of the best AR's in the country (and an AT-15 upper/lower combo will probably be my second AR) , so I would imagine a ATRS ,308 AR would rival the KAC offerings on quality and accuracy.

Thanks.

We have been entertaining the idea for some time. Once we regain our bolt action production, a larger caliber AR style firearm may become reality, but probably not until later next year however.

It really pays to spend some time reading. I was just about to send a email,asking the same.
Keep me posted if this becomes a reality, its along the same time line I have set for a future ar-308 purchase.

Funny you ask since the AR (Armalite) platform was originally designed in 7.62 nato but USA wanted it scaled down to 5.56 ,history has a way of coming full circle eh

I do believe there is an M-16 in 308 cal. If there is an M-16 based on a 308 frame I am sure you can get an AR-15 variant. I seem to remember this rifle being featured on Shooting USA.

Tough call, as a number of 308 AR's have already made their way up here. So it might be hard to be price competitive. However, if you can do a Canuck equivalent to Les Bauer's 308s' (he has an accuracy guarantee), at a comparable price, then you should do well:)

Tough call, as a number of 308 AR's have already made their way up here. So it might be hard to be price competitive. However, if you can do a Canuck equivalent to Les Bauer's 308s' (he has an accuracy guarantee), at a comparable price, then you should do well:)

I would pay a little extra for a high quality .308 AR upper/lower set or complete rifle that is Canadian made.

I also like the fact that if I ever have issues, I could sent the rifle to the actual manufacturer for repair/servicing.

Also, the ATRS AT-15 upper/lower set's look pretty sweet and I would gather a .308 version woul look similar (just bigger).

I am very aware of the 308 AR's, I am very familliar with the AR-10, and will be looking towards Armalite, RRA, DPMS or POF, if ATRS doesn't come out with their own modle. I would prefer to keep my money in Canada, if the accuracy is there.

As far a XCR-M, I will wait to see what bugs come up, aswell as if a heavy barrel varient becomes available, wont even consider it until I see consisten sub MOA groups being produced.

SO would it have to be some sort of recognizable AR10 clone, or would anyone be willing to take a chance on buying something that should be non restricted, uses Magpul or DPMS style AR10 mags, an AR10 bolt/chargeing handle and most AR furniture and IS accurate?
Just testing the waters for input, I have a plan...........

or would anyone be willing to take a chance on buying something that should be non restricted, uses Magpul or DPMS style AR10 mags, an AR10 bolt/chargeing handle and most AR furniture and IS accurate?

lol. Yeah, of course. There is a niche market for a huntable AR-style rifle that isn't well filled in Canada at the moment. I think the current top dog for this is the XCR, and well, if you can't beat that, then it wouldn't be worth the risk.

SO would it have to be some sort of recognizable AR10 clone, or would anyone be willing to take a chance on buying something that should be non restricted, uses Magpul or DPMS style AR10 mags, an AR10 bolt/chargeing handle and most AR furniture and IS accurate?

I like where this is going...

lol. Yeah, of course. There is a niche market for a huntable AR-style rifle that isn't well filled in Canada at the moment. I think the current top dog for this is the XCR, and well, if you can't beat that, then it wouldn't be worth the risk.

Nice to see the bar being set low:p
So having a goodly number of proprietary parts is not a problem?

I am in for one, for starters.

Back
Top Bottom