Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?

If the Walther PPQ becomes available here, are you interested?

• Total voters

Wendell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
83   0   2
Smith &Wesson has the 9x19mm version of Walther PPQ (SKU: WAP00Q90) listed as having a 102 mm barrel length, but they have the .40 S&W version (SKU: WAP00Q40) listed as having a 106 mm barrel length.

Is the Walther PPQ available in Canada?
Do you have any in inventory?
To your knowledge, are any Canadian dealers stocking the Walther PPQ?

cat_page_ppq_tech_lg.jpg

<http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/Walther/upload/images/cat_page_ppq_tech_lg.jpg>

Yeah, if it's a good pistol and we don't get absolutely RAPED as it crosses the border, I'd be interested in a 9mm

I own a 3rd Gen P-99 in 40. Although the trigger is still on the hefty side even after working on it, it's one of my favorite handguns. And the best feature of this type of gun is the mag release (3rd Gen is longer and therefore much easier to actuate). Once you get used to the idea of NOT having the mag release on the side of the grip, you wonder why'n hell other gun manufacturers still put their releases down there. Day and night difference in the speed with which to dump a mag.

I'd have to test drive one first, but it looks very nice other than the mag release.

Not a fan of having to dry-fire for disassembly, though.

Looks very clunky just like the P30 with the rail on the bottom.

The older Walther's and HK's were sleeker.

Definitely interested in it, Would like to feel how it is in the hands. Kinda looks like a P30L.
mike

PS- just saw that the 40 has a legal barrel already, would prefer that one over the 9mm, as it means the price point would be maybe lower.

I think i'd probably be in for the .40 as it will end up being cheaper than the 9mm after getting the barrel lengthened.

EDIT: On second thought, I'd probably get both eventually, if 9mm was available and the price was right I would rather start with that. Easier for the SO to shoot too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom