Norinco M1 carbine, is it possible?

Ohno, I haven't had the oportunity to chrony it yet. It seems to be as accurate as the SKS though. The last shoot for me this year was at pumpkins and the FMJ rounds just went through them. I have to wait till next spring to do more testing.

Well, something needs to be done. The U.S is getting ready to do a across the board ban first of the New Year. Be nice if someone brought them back in Canada, with a 18.5" barrel in .30 carbine for ol' times sake.

Would love a m1 carbine. 30c as is. Why re-chamber it when it works

Sure it works, but I think it has been explained earlier. The 30 carbine ammo is quite a bit pricier, and a little harder to find. I personally didn't care for stressing about losing the brass.

With it chambered in the tt round, I just plink, then sweep my area clean. I also don't care to reload for a semi-auto. Lots of work for such a short duration of fun. SKS type fun for even cheaper.

Each to his own, I say. It suits me better re-chambered. I would buy a semi auto in this round if I could find one. I couldn't find one, so I built one. I also plan on building a bolt gun in this same round, just because I want one and as far as I know, they don't exist.

Last edited:
Sure it works, but I think it has been explained earlier. The 30 carbine ammo is quite a bit pricier, and a little harder to find. I personally didn't care for stressing about losing the brass.

With it chambered in the tt round, I just plink, then sweep my area clean. I also don't care to reload for a semi-auto. Lots of work for such a short duration of fun. SKS type fun for even cheaper.

Each to his own, I say. It suits me better re-chambered. I would buy a semi auto in this round if I could find one. I couldn't find one, so I built one. I also plan on building a bolt gun in this same round, just because I want one and as far as I know, they don't exist.

That would be pretty fun.

I know this is an old thread, but regarding rechambering the M1 Carbine in 5.56 NATO, 7.62x39mm and 7.62 NATO, Ingram did exactly that sometime in the 1970s.
29cm4nq.jpg

They use AR mags, AK mags and FAL mags, respectively.

7.62 NATO and 5.56 in an M1? Pretty hot stuff!

Now .300aac would be a small but nice upgrade.

I last saw m1 ammo at cabelas for just north of $30/50. I began reloading after a few boxes of that. Actually if you consider the cost of new brass a case could be made where its just as economical to buy the factory loads for the brass. Once you deduct the worth of the case the powder n ball in there is pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom