Norinco M1 carbine, is it possible?

With tulammo almost being given away. I'd say make in 30 carbine. Even if non-restricted I would probably have to pass. These things make ruger anything look good and the 10/22 even better.

OK...Seriously?!? An M1 carbine in 7.62X54R. Do you even know what rifle you are talking about?

I am with John on this one folks. Either you know what you are talking about and make an intelligent and useful contribution or don't say anything at all.

That's like saying I would love a Walther PPK in .50 AE.

Jesus. Read a book!

+2 on the PPK in .50 AE.
:nest:

but yes tula ammo seems very feesable price for 50 rounds id hop on that train

I haven't read all 9 pages, so maybe someone's mentioned this already. A US source (I think it was an NRA announcement) said that import of approx. 87,000 Garands and something like 700,000 m1 carbines has been given a big O.K. for import from South Korea back to the US.

The US Dept of State was against it, but was bypassed for reasons that I think had to do with them being "curios and relics".

Maybe some will make their way up here?

Last edited:
IMG_0155.jpg

Non-restricted goodness!!! Inland with 20in barrel:D Nice shooter. Took a nice muley back in the day with this. My brothers have also taken bucks with this rifle and a black bear by my dad. Passed on to me from my dad. Here it is with my Mini 14.:) Sure hope we can get some new "non-restricteds" in. I'll buy two!!

The M1 Carbine was a short (hence Carbine) Semi-Automatic Rifle that fired the .30 Carbine (Metric 7.62x33) rimless cartridge. I believe the M1 Carbine was the only rifle ever produced that chambered this cartridge.
The 30-30 you mention, is the 30-30 Winchester Rimmed cartridge, produced initially in the Winchester Model 94 Lever Action Rifle, and other subsequent Lever actions. There was also a Pump Action Rifle. As far as I know, no manufacturer has ever attempted to produce a Semi-Automatic Rifle that would chamber the 30-30.
Norinco would never produce an M1 Carbine in 30-30, however they may be convinced to re-produce the M1 Carbine with a 19" barrel so it is non-restricted in Canada, and legal in certain American States.

Thought Norcs were prohibited from being imported in the USA?

Edit: Most of the fun and joy of owning an M1 Carbine or M1 Garand is that you own a real M1 Carbine or a real M1 Garand... I could never feel well knowing that I spent hundreds on an unauthentic copy.

Thought Norcs were prohibited from being imported in the USA?

Edit: Most of the fun and joy of owning an M1 Carbine or M1 Garand is that you own a real M1 Carbine or a real M1 Garand... I could never feel well knowing that I spent hundreds on an unauthentic copy.

I hear you but when there is virtually no supply and the price is so high in addition when you find one it is not in good shape a copy is a good idea.

In addition I really don't like to buy used because I have learnt that many only sell something if it is broken or malfunctioning. I haven't been lucky in buying second hand ever.

As luck would have it, I managed to acquire a NR carbine that had been assembled out of some unknowns parts bin. Chasing after the 30 carbine brass was annoying, so I did the nessessary research to convert it to the 7.62x25 tt round.

The job required the obvious rechambering, opening up the bolt face and finding a magazine that would work.

The first two jobs were easy. I built a mag well adaptor to accept the Tokarev magazine. (also modified a PPSH 41 mag to work)

Bearhunter is right about cleaning the piston, a bit of a PITA. Overall it's fun to shoot, and I don't have to worry about the cost of the ammo or chasing the spent casings.

A new rifle built simularly would be a hot seller in my opinion.

@Mkrainc : What kind of ballistics do you get out of that combo?
The factory 85/90gr bullets run about 1700fps out of standard Tok barrels.

Back
Top Bottom