BC Restricted transfer times 2-3 weeks??

Vancouvergunnut

Regular
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after trying about 10 times, I finally got through to the BC CFO, and he tells me there is a wait time for 2-3 weeks for Transfers!! Keep in mind this is my 3rd restricted firearm, and I already have my LTATT in place.. Wow. You would think with 90% of the firearms being transfered (Non restricted) gone, they would have a huge part of their workload taken off.

What gives???

what?

just had one done this week, took five days and before that three days

i guess if you piss them off they really do take their time with you

Alberta. 24 hours is frequently possible. 3 days at most to account for the back and forth from the buyer and seller to say "I did my part, your turn to call". If you start a transfer on a Thursday or Friday you might run out of time for the seller to get the ATT, and like me are now waiting for that call to be made on Monday.

Sorry.... BC sucks.

Just did one last week on a purchase in Alberta. Seller phoned it in Monday morning. I phoned in an hour later. Got the notice in the mail by Wednesday which would indicate that it was likely mailed out Monday afternoon or sometime early Tuesday.:dancingbanana: Man I love this province.

Had another one a few months ago with someone from BC.............yup. Three weeks.

Just did one last week on a purchase in Alberta. Seller phoned it in Monday morning. I phoned in an hour later. Got the notice in the mail by Wednesday which would indicate that it was likely mailed out Monday afternoon or sometime early Tuesday.:dancingbanana: Man I love this province.

Had another one a few months ago with someone from BC.............yup. Three weeks.

Mail?

Buyer calls, seller calls and transfer waits approval. Call back a day later, transfer confirmed approved. Buyer calls to get STATT and mails it out. Always get the cert before the gun shows. Usually 2 weeks from start to delivery.

And the AB guys are actually friendly!!! I had on call take 15 minutes cuz the guy on the phone went on a rant about the range 5 minutes from me.... AND IT WAS ABOUT HOW COOL THAT WAS!!!

It made me feel more uneasy than getting the sass I was worried I'd get! hahahaha

consdering all my transers took under a week including my first one wheres I didn't even have a range member ship, but this was a year ago.. One transfer from ontario took 48 hrs.

I don't like the sounds of this. I just bought my first restricted and I'd really love to get it out to the range before August.

That's bullsh!t.

Last restricted I bought from WSS in Winnipeg, the guy at the counter started the process while I paid for the pistol, then I finished the rest of my shopping in the store, walked across the parking lot to Tim's to get a java-to-go, came back in the store and picked up my pistol.

In and out, 1 hour.

That's bullsh!t.

Last restricted I bought from WSS in Winnipeg, the guy at the counter started the process while I paid for the pistol, then I finished the rest of my shopping in the store, walked across the parking lot to Tim's to get a java-to-go, came back in the store and picked up my pistol.

In and out, 1 hour.

Mid may for one grrrrr.

I could see a longer wait time for 'first time' pistol owners, but when you already have a few..... Are they afraid that one more restricted will suddenly give a person the urge to... What exactly?
Asinine.

Mid may for one grrrrr.

I could see a longer wait time for 'first time' pistol owners, but when you already have a few..... Are they afraid that one more restricted will suddenly give a person the urge to... What exactly?
Asinine.

Even then a longer wait time is a little ridiculous. Everyone that has that little 'restricted' on the back of their PAL has been "checked out" when we were issued our license. All it should take is maybe, at the very most, a 15 minute check on the computer then 5 minutes to write up the transfer. I can't see the CFO's office getting so many restricted transfers in a week that they fall 2-6 weeks behind.

Back
Top Bottom