Page 17 of 696 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Application sent in June 28th
    Received on July 4th
    Initial processing completed August 23rd
    License issued August 30th

I phoned in to the 1-800 number three times between August 5th and 30th. This is in BC of course. The first two phone calls ended with recommending calling back in a week. The last call was on the 28th, and was told my license would be finished by the end of the week. Lo and behold! It was approved!

Damn the Labour day weekend! I'll be hawking every postal worker in my area in anticipation. >_<

123 days and counting.. Called last week.. Will call again... dot dot dot is all i got at this point

I have been waiting since May 9th.
    KEEP CALM
    AND
    RETURN FIRE.

I have now been waiting 10 months for my restricted pal. My last call (about a week ago) the lady at the bc cfo's office said there was an " extreme backlog" at which point I asked if she was aware how long I had been waiting. She assured me that is not uncommon!?!? And that it should be done within three weeks ,if not call back!?!?! which I thought was completely nuts but stayed friendly and patient as I always do when dealing with this sort of thing. I asked if there was any missing information, anything that could be holding it up and she assured me there was nothing. Do they just drag licenses in instead of denying them? And if there is anything holding it up weather it be legal or references etc .. Would they have to tell me ?

Bc rpal wait time!

I have now been waiting 10 months for my restricted pal. My last call (about a week ago) the lady at the bc cfo's office said there was an " extreme backlog" at which point I asked if she was aware how long I had been waiting. She assured me that is not uncommon!?!? And that it should be done within three weeks ,if not call back!?!?! which I thought was completely nuts but stayed friendly and patient as I always do when dealing with this sort of thing. I asked if there was any missing information, anything that could be holding it up and she assured me there was nothing. Do they just drag licenses in instead of denying them? And if there is anything holding it up weather it be legal or references etc .. Would they have to tell me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsshooter666 View Post
    That is extremely odd. Maybe pay them a visit at their office if you can?

Here is my timeline from BC:
    Application Received in Miramichi (including test results): July 22-2013
    Called on August 23-2013, application was still in beginning stages
    Credit card charged: August 14-2013
    Called on Sept 10-2013, application still in the initial processing stage
    Called in on October 07-13, and was allowed to do my interview(took 10 minutes)
    October 25-13, Both References received letters in the mail and completed interviews
    Called the CFC on October 31-13 and lady said it was sent to the BC CFO's office
    Called BC CFO on November 14-13 and the person on the other end put me on hold for 2 minutes and approved the application over the phone
    (no questions were asked, just said it would take 2 weeks for arrival)
    November 21-13 License received in the mail today(exactly 1 week since it was issued)
    Total from start to finish: 122 days (4 months)
    I'm sure it could of been quicker if I had called in sooner and my references had called in before the letter arrived. Should have been able to shave off around 3 weeks I guess.

Received my PAL (non-restricted) in the mail yesterday, 44 days after Mirimachi office received my registered mail application.
    I'm in Ontario, FYI.

My RPAL from BC has been in the cfo's office for 3 months so far. It is odd that 3 of my friends also applied at the same time as me, but they received their RPAL's in the mail within 3 weeks after being at the cfo. The cfo says "3 months is not uncommon" and "I can't control his workload". Starting to wonder, now. Must be a reason for the long wait, sure wish they would call or talk to me to help move this along. Patience is a virtue.

4 months for my RPAL... Called and politely asked if any additional info was required AFTER the mandatory wait time and them a follow up or two until they were able to do my phone interview. Following my interview I had my references call in for their interview and 3 weeks later my RPAL showed up in the mail. The longest 4 months ever BTW! All done and overall happy with the process.

Today is day 170 since they received my application.. I called the 800 number and waited for about an hour and put on hold 3 different times. Was left with please call back in 2 weeks... Was un happy but kept my cool. Just got home and for ####s checked out the rcmp site AND LOOK!!!

Application Received on: 2013/06/24

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

THANK YOU JEEEEEBUS!!!

Hope it shows up before xmas but wont get my hopes up