PAL Wait Time

Does anyone know how long it should take for my application to be shown online? It's been 3 weeks now, but I live in Quebec so there might be additional delays involved.

Here is how mine and my wife's went sent together.

Sept 16 CFSC Course Passed
Sept 18 Mailed Application
Sept 21 Received @ Miramichi (signed checked online)
Oct 12 Showed up online saying Received
Oct 15 Called to ask if everything was filled out properly (yes)
Oct 19 Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre

I live in Manitoba!

This was for non-restricted PAL

Last edited:
I am waiting for PAL for both restricted and non restricted.

I mailed my application on october 1st and it is still not updated online.

I called in a couple of times and they say it is normal. I guess i will call back next week again.

I am waiting for PAL for both restricted and non restricted.

I mailed my application on october 1st and it is still not updated online.

I called in a couple of times and they say it is normal. I guess i will call back next week again.

Mine and from what I've read the norm is 21 days after they receive it to show up online!

Sept 16 CFSC Course Passed
Sept 18 Mailed Application
Sept 21 Received @ Miramichi (signed checked online)
Oct 12 Showed up online saying Received
Oct 15 Called to ask if everything was filled out properly (yes)
Oct 19 Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Centre

I live in Manitoba!

This was for non-restricted PAL

I sent mine in the same day as you. Same result. The 19th, approved and sent. I didn't even have to call in and prod them.

woh woh woh, wtf... i did my course back in sept as well and the instructor said he had to mail something out to some cheif firearms guys, me and my girlfriend still have our applications thinking that we have to wait for something back from this guy.. what is going on here? and whats this website to check if its a go?

woh woh woh, wtf... i did my course back in sept as well and the instructor said he had to mail something out to some cheif firearms guys, me and my girlfriend still have our applications thinking that we have to wait for something back from this guy.. what is going on here? and whats this website to check if its a go?

Well I'm from Manitoba and when I did the test I was given the test results at the time of the test and I mailed it out with my application.
Here is the website!

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISIWS/editLicenceQueryChoice.do?language=English

The instructors instruct you to wait for stamped test results to come back from the CFO before sending in your application to miramachi. That is the proper way to do it. If you read the sticky thread on shortening pal wait times they advise you to send in your application right away to get the 28 day cooling off process started. Then once the stamped test results come back from the CFO, you fax them to miramachi along with your application number.

Sounds like you're from Ontario. Same issue when I did mine. The examiner has to send off the test results to the CFO's office and then they send it back to you which takes approx 3-4wks. You DO NOT have to wait for your results! Send in your forms NOW via registered mail requiring a signature or courier so you can track it to ensure it arrives safely and put a Post-it note saying you are waiting for your test results from the CFO's office. Make copies of ALL your forms before sending them off! Once the RCMP's records that they have received your forms, the clock for your minimum 28 day wait starts ticking. That usually take about 2-3wks to show up online BUT the time-stamp will be the day they received and entered your forms into their database. The RCMP will send you a letter saying your test results are missing and to mail or fax your results to them. By this time, you should have received your test results from the CFO and you can then fax in the scores. If it's RPAL, you and your references should be getting calls shortly after you've sent in your test scores. About a week after the last interview, you should have a nice shiny R/PAL card.

If there are restricted firearms (esp ones that are on backorder) that you want to buy, you can contact the stores and place a deposit on them and they will complete the sale once you get your RPAL. Have fun!

Mine was submitted sept 24th -- pal/rpal
received Sept 28th
Showed up online around the 17th of october
Called today Oct 23rd to make sure I didnt screw up the forms

They said it was all correct and if I had 5 minutes they would do the interview.. needless to say, I had the time. After the interview I asked if I could have my references call in, since it would be easier. They gave me the extention to get my refs to call. Everyone was totally nice - for some reason I was expecting something else. Both references called in.. so thats all done.

I figured that was it, it sounded like after your references are done a few days later they issue the license, but now I'm reading that people in BC have had to wait 100+ days - what happens after your references are called -- what other processing happens?

received Sept 28th

They said it was all correct and if I had 5 minutes they would do the interview.. needless to say, I had the time. After the interview I asked if I could have my references call in, since it would be easier. They gave me the extention to get my refs to call. Everyone was totally nice - for some reason I was expecting something else. Both references called in.. so thats all done.

I figured that was it, it sounded like after your references are done a few days later they issue the license, but now I'm reading that people in BC have had to wait 100+ days - what happens after your references are called -- what other processing happens?

After he legislated wait period your application goes to the CfO for final approval, which can take a day, or a month, or god knows how else long....

Hey Zeer

This is how mine went ---> http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...proval-Times&p=7811300&viewfull=1#post7811300

Hope it helps

received Sept 28th

Ya, thats what I figured, it was just 28 days plus some random number of extra days for being in BC.
My 28 days are not even up till friday, not really in a rush, I just dislike the arbitrariness of the whole thing

Back
Top Bottom