PAL Wait Time

No mental health stuff. I was shaved, clean, awake, and photo was professionally taken. References are good, no criminal stuff. I have called them 4 times and get nowhere with them. Honestly, I was looking so forward to having a new hobby, but honestly, they have taken all the fun out of it.

hmmm very curious indeed. perhaps i am wrong afterall... i sure am grateful i was one of the chosen ones lol. YOUR TIME WILL COME! stay positive

I am in the same boat, even though i turned myself around,
sent mine in April 11 they received it 3 days later as i was notified, Augs 2 in cfo officer hands for the finally stage background checks and so forth, but due to my color and how i look i know they are
looking over my file with a fine comb lol
I know that they are looking into mine deeply as i had a bad past as a teenager and at 17, did a year
back in 95, was clean till 97 verbal threats accusation but the charges were dropped and in 2014 had a crazy nut case ex falsely accused me of having a firearm and drugs,
charges were dropped due to false claims and the gun was a bbgun of hers she planted, had to go to court 3 times to tell the judge it was all bull####, what saved me was a picture she sent to of her licking the barrel to me and the fact she never showed up to court
3 times, dam i was getting tattooed at that time, man MTL police do not play, swat was at my house, i was thankful my dog was safe at that time, the cops where to much into her and how she looked they did not see the coke on her upper lip,
so who knows for myself, my reference is my ex and my grantor who is my best friend they called her like 3 times and sent a letter, what might help me is that my record suspension letter should help as i have hired a lawyer to delete my record,
but yea how you look and your past really comes back to haunt you...

I am in the same boat, even though i turned myself around,
sent mine in April 11 they received it 3 days later as i was notified, Augs 2 in cfo officer hands for the finally stage background checks and so forth, but due to my color and how i look i know they are
looking over my file with a fine comb lol
I know that they are looking into mine deeply as i had a bad past as a teenager and at 17, did a year
back in 95, was clean till 97 verbal threats accusation but the charges were dropped and in 2014 had a crazy nut case ex falsely accused me of having a firearm and drugs,
charges were dropped due to false claims and the gun was a bbgun of hers she planted, had to go to court 3 times to tell the judge it was all bull####, what saved me was a picture she sent to of her licking the barrel to me and the fact she never showed up to court
3 times, dam i was getting tattooed at that time, man MTL police do not play, swat was at my house, i was thankful my dog was safe at that time, the cops where to much into her and how she looked they did not see the coke on her upper lip,
so who knows for myself, my reference is my ex and my grantor who is my best friend they called her like 3 times and sent a letter, what might help me is that my record suspension letter should help as i have hired a lawyer to delete my record,
but yea how you look and your past really comes back to haunt you...

I dont think it's the true problem, caz my file is received in 28 March, still under review too, I even didt get a speeding ticket in the past 10 yrs. also I saw the recently approved case is from ON, at least not from AB, maybe sth wrong from the CFO office.
we will get it finally ,cheer up

BC PAL to RPAL Upgrade
Application received on
2022-06-09

CC charged on Aug 26

Current status
We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

BC PAL to RPAL Upgrade
Application received on
2022-06-09

CC charged on Aug 26

Current status
We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

Do you see any note saying " Incomplete and inaccurate information can add additional processing time."?

New to forum - first post but have been watching eagerly so here's my timeline:

RCMP recieved application 05/09/22
Credit card charged 08/08/22
Approved notice (license in mail) on website 08/18/22
Arrived 08/30/22

Interesting to note that the letter with the license was dated on the 23rd even though the website said "license has been posted" on the 18th.

This is Alberta BTW

Have you called them? This happened to a friend of mine...card charged, and then nothing...she couldn't even log in to check her application status. Turns out they "misplaced" the application, and entered something incorrectly into the system, which is why she wasn't able to check her status online.

i've been calling every day multiple times a day for two weeks and can't get through to anyone. I get put on hold for 20-30 mins then the line goes dead. Has anyone actually been able to get through on the 1-800 to get an update on their status? My CC was charged 3 weeks ago and nothing online.

Ontario update
Mailed - APRIL 26
CC charge - AUG 10
APPROX DATE ISSUED - AUG 17

Still waiting on receieving it in the mail.... not sure how long it takes but starting to wonder if somethings wrong. Ill give it another couple days...

Also on the plus side for some of you guys still waiting. Trust me its a rude awakening when it gets approved because MOST guns and backup mags and ammo are sold out.

On top of that its just plain expensive. Just be prepared to spend ALOT more then you imagined you would. Thats where im at. Thats what i didnt see coming.

Did your card arrive yet?

I am also in Ontario, approved/issued on August 15, 2022 but nothing in the mail yet.

Trying to get through to the call center and typically getting hung up on. Using option 1-5-1

New to forum - first post but have been watching eagerly so here's my timeline:

RCMP recieved application 05/09/22
Credit card charged 08/08/22
Approved notice (license in mail) on website 08/18/22
Arrived 08/30/22

Interesting to note that the letter with the license was dated on the 23rd even though the website said "license has been posted" on the 18th.

This is Alberta BTW

Lucky you, i am still ####ing waiting since April 12 AB

Ontario / PAL-RPAL
- RCMP received application: May 13
- Web approval notice: Aug 19
- In hand: Aug 31

lmfao, what a joke this system is... was told the avg time was 9 months last time I called CFO-ON(Start of this month)

"Application received on 2022-02-03" & I'm still sitting at initial review complete... no criminal record or any health boxes checked
Q.Q

Finally Approved
April 19 Application shows up online
Augs 2 In CFO hands
Augs 31 Your application has been processed and your license has been issued. If you have not received your license within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Finally Approved
Augs 2 In CFO hands
Augs 31 Your application has been processed and your license has been issued. If you have not received your license within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

That makes me feel better. Didn't write down the date I sent it, but app hasn't shown up yet and it's been a couple months I think.

Did you call them at all?

That makes me feel better. Didn't write down the date I sent it, but app hasn't shown up yet and it's been a couple months I think.

Did you call them at all?

I called them to find out once a week, CFO is back logged and over worked, but dont give up, CFO will get to your app
when your cc is charged then you will see your status online.

Finally Approved
Augs 2 In CFO hands

hahal,

we still on the same boat,
application received: March 28
CC charged: Jun 24
lience approved: Aug.31

Ontario resticted & non-restricted license timeline:

RCMP Received: 27 May 2022
CC Charged: 18 Aug 2022 (Initial Review completed)
License Issued : 31-Aug-2022

I am so happy! but the gun prices are super crazy

Back
Top Bottom