MSAR Clear AR mags in stock

not sure what they sent to canada, I dont have one and havent tried one, so I dont want to judge them.

Just some googling "msar ar15 mag" 1st result

A tap with a punch will break the glue so you can remove the baseplates and blow the mag out with compressed air. You can't remove the spring and follower because of the rivet but that goes for any canadianized magazine.

They are sort of diamonds in the rough. Mine run perfect in every way but it took some monkeying.

Yup, that is right from the link I posted. I knew going in that these would be a gamble. I wasn't surprised with what I got, in fact, with a bit of work, they may be pretty decent. Just have to get the base plate off (working on it now, at 2am in bed for some reason....) and need to sand down the rear sides a bit, and I think it will drop free. You can see where they rub in the magwell, hopefully its just a "bit off the sides"...

Dropped by earlier and picked up five of the clear mags. They drop freely on my ARs but cant seat them with the bolt closed on 5rds.
Still undecided whether to keep them or not.

DLASK, do you offer a fix for these mags? Ie repinned??

Returned mine as fast as I could.

I was not credited for shipping. I'm out almost $40 for buying a defective product......sorry, being sold a defective product.

They know the colours don't fit. Not pinned properly and have glued bases??

These left over mags from a bankrupt project from 3 years ago should be $8.

Amazing how something that does not work for a few people.....get "forumed" here. We have sold 1200 of these mags with very few complaints. We will not be bringing them in again and if you wish to return them.....they will happily be bought by other people. We still have several hundred in stock and sell about 20 to 30 a day. MSAR makes a VERY nice rifle. They are NOT bankrupt and again....its too bad "mistruths" get told here.

We are trying to get their rifle FRT'ed. We will see. Guess then we will be God's huh? Bringing in a cool non restricted bullpup? Till then I guess we are crap because a couple people.......complain. Too bad about forums sometimes......

Dropped by earlier and picked up five of the clear mags. They drop freely on my ARs but cant seat them with the bolt closed on 5rds.
Still undecided whether to keep them or not.

DLASK, do you offer a fix for these mags? Ie repinned??

Of course.....bring them in and we will have a look. We did not pin them. But we can certainly fix them. THAT regulation.......pinning that is......WE had confirmed by the RCMP. We can pin mags.

Amazing how something that does not work for a few people.....get "forumed" here. We have sold 1200 of these mags with very few complaints. We will not be bringing them in again and if you wish to return them.....they will happily be bought by other people. We still have several hundred in stock and sell about 20 to 30 a day.

Well then I can tell you that 6/1200 do not work as they should. It seems like it is alot higher than that with the posts here, and others who will just fix it themselves. Appreciate that you are willing to buy them back, but personally I will just suck it up and fix them myself. Do any of them(full) even seat on a closed bolt? I guess that has nothing to do with the MSAR mag themselves, just whoever pinned them.

Last edited:
Of course.....bring them in and we will have a look. We did not pin them. But we can certainly fix them. THAT regulation.......pinning that is......WE had confirmed by the RCMP. We can pin mags.

Wicked!!! Will drop by sometime next week. Any word when you will be getting some more Tavor?? =o/

Right. But you would have to what, drill a new hole and pin them again? On already questionable mags I don't need the spine to be drilled out a hundred times. I bought twenty. They all needed some work. These are clearly the old dead stock, from the last incarnation of MSAR. The crap ones that had manufacturing problems and no one wanted. The ones that were returned to the company by the box load. Yes, MSAR are under new management/ownership now, but they aren't making these mags anymore. Their AR mags were a flop. The is all public knowledge.

The mags I bought were clear. All glued at the bases, for some unknown and likely very retarded reason. This should have been clearly advertised. I tried them in 4 different milspec lowers. 75% (15) did not fit properly or drop free when EMPTY. This is a fairly easy fix, the two tabs along the back of the spine can be cut down or sanded to get the mags to drop free. The pinning job is crap though, they are all pinned too tight, tightly at 5 instead of 5 1/2. I doubt most of the mags will feed loaded with 5. 4 sure. Getting the mags unglued requires using a punch to free the spring plate behind the mag base. If you want spend the time, each mag can be made serviceable. The plastic spring guide and follower are crap. On one of the mags the front feed had to be cut down in order to get the rounds to feed instead of just jamming inside the mag. All in all they aren't the worst mags ever, but they aren't PMAGS. People are gobbling them up because they are the only mags available, nothing less. If we could get D&H or PMAGS or whatever else, no in their right mind would buy these unless they were 10$ a piece. Which is probably what they are worth.

Not terrible, but not great. They require "hand fitting". YMMV.

Caveat Emptor.

Well then I can tell you that 6/1200 do not work as they should. It seems like it is alot higher than that with the posts here, and others who will just fix it themselves. Appreciate that you are willing to buy them back, but personally I will just suck it up and fix them myself. Do any of them(full) even seat on a closed bolt? I guess that has nothing to do with the MSAR mag themselves, just whoever pinned them.
Depends on the AR....I don't have any issues with my Dlask AR with my Adams Arms piston upper.......agreed that it is whomever pinned them which was not us. I am not passing the buck just pointing out a fact. We will happily fix any mistakes the vendor made. Any new mags we bring in (and we are by the way) the vendors were specifically told 5.5 rounds so as to seat properly.

Right. But you would have to what, drill a new hole and pin them again? On already questionable mags I don't need the spine to be drilled out a hundred times. I bought twenty. They all needed some work. These are clearly the old dead stock, from the last incarnation of MSAR. The crap ones that had manufacturing problems and no one wanted. The ones that were returned to the company by the box load. Yes, MSAR are under new management/ownership now, but they aren't making these mags anymore. Their AR mags were a flop. The is all public knowledge.

The mags I bought were clear. All glued at the bases, for some unknown and likely very retarded reason. This should have been clearly advertised. I tried them in 4 different milspec lowers. 75% (15) did not fit properly or drop free when EMPTY. This is a fairly easy fix, the two tabs along the back of the spine can be cut down or sanded to get the mags to drop free. The pinning job is crap though, they are all pinned too tight, tightly at 5 instead of 5 1/2. I doubt most of the mags will feed loaded with 5. 4 sure. Getting the mags unglued requires using a punch to free the spring plate behind the mag base. If you want spend the time, each mag can be made serviceable. The plastic spring guide and follower are crap. On one of the mags the front feed had to be cut down in order to get the rounds to feed instead of just jamming inside the mag. All in all they aren't the worst mags ever, but they aren't PMAGS. People are gobbling them up because they are the only mags available, nothing less. If we could get D&H or PMAGS or whatever else, no in their right mind would buy these unless they were 10$ a piece. Which is probably what they are worth.

Not terrible, but not great. They require "hand fitting". YMMV.

Caveat Emptor.

Hey fair enough in all the comments you made. We were sold these mags by MSAR. We didn't even realize they were a couple years old until it was brought up here. Would it have made a difference if we sold 4 year old "perfect" PMAGS? Would they be ten bucks? I don't think the age has any bearing here. As I said we will repair or take back anything. Other people like them allot. Some people have really nice EMed AR mag wells (not cheap broached ones) and they work just fine. Anything we can do to help we will do.

I am sure they work fine in some lowers. They didn't work in my Dlask, AP, Colt of Stag lowers though. They all had exactly the same fit issues.

So please send them back. And we will replace them or give you a refund. We will not be bringing these mags back obviously. We didn't realize that there would be so many that did not fit. But its interesting that in a batch of 1500.....most of them are fine. Its almost like they wanted to dilute a portion of them and dump them on us.....

I want to say thank you to Dlask. I bought 5 of these magazines a couple of months ago and they work just fine in both of my Aero Precision and both of my NEA lowers.

Again thanks for the mags, they fit just fine in my rifle and drop free, the pinning thing is a problem but easily fixed myself. Beats paying the utterly rediculus pmag prices for tacticool, but that topic has been beat to death.

Well we definitely feel bad about the "bad eggs" that seem to have been hidden in a batch of 1500 mags. We will not be bringing them in again. We are having a different mag brought in. It is not a pmag or a msar mag. But it is polymer and has a "lower level" of failure than even the mighty pmag. Look for it soon......

So please send them back. And we will replace them or give you a refund. We will not be bringing these mags back obviously. We didn't realize that there would be so many that did not fit. But its interesting that in a batch of 1500.....most of them are fine. Its almost like they wanted to dilute a portion of them and dump them on us.....

I appreciate that. But with a bit of work, as I described, I got them all to fit. I don't expect you to honour a refund after I've altered them ;) I look forward the the MSAR STG being approved here, I'll be on the list for that. And I will happily try out any alternative to PMAGS, and will likely buy any new mags you bring in as an alternative. If they aren't made by MSAR ;)

I am neither angry nor dissapointed, and I am impressed with your response to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom