New Norinco Type 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one of the first 97's and as a matter of fact my picture is what CAN AMMO uses in their advertisment. I sold it to a gun store and the cops took it from them, didn't make me a big fan of the owner I bet, but didn't know they were gonna prohib. the thing. I went and put down some funds for a non-restrict with the same vendor and it has been years now, but left my bucks with them as good faith because they are still trying to get them in. When the new ones come in I hope the safety is on the pistol grip and the mag release is at the rear of the mag well. Other than that it was a great lil gun, and am looking forward to my next one. The accuracy was equal to my AR, with iron sights so not bithching about that.
j

Last edited:
When is the classification supposed to be made? Although that might be a dumb question.... I just had a pistol transfer take 6 weeks. Clearly they operate at whatever speed they please I guess.

I am expecting quality to be better than some of their knock-off stuff as it is based off an indigenous Chinese design. I would rather give only $1000 to ChiComm's than $2500 to Israel for a Tavor.

I was skeptical at first, but placed my order with a dealer.

I'd rather buy most things not manufactured in North America, personally. You don't pay more for quality - you pay for government regulation and taxation.

Is the carry handle on these any different than the original T97's Can Am brought in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was skeptical at first, but placed my order with a dealer.

I'd rather buy most things not manufactured in North America, personally. You don't pay more for quality - you pay for government regulation and taxation.

Is the carry handle on these any different than the original T97's Can Am brought in?

x2... Unless I can get the closest approximation of the famas... Thanks Croatia!

Wrong quote but I agree with the sentiment.

Here's the one I tried to quote:

"Originally Posted by diesel_weasel666
I am expecting quality to be better than some of their knock-off stuff as it is based off an indigenous Chinese design. I would rather give only $1000 to ChiComm's than $2500 to Israel for a Tavor."

Wrong quote but I agree with the sentiment.

Here's the one I tried to quote:

"Originally Posted by diesel_weasel666
I am expecting quality to be better than some of their knock-off stuff as it is based off an indigenous Chinese design. I would rather give only $1000 to ChiComm's than $2500 to Israel for a Tavor.

I completely agree!

Thanks, It's great to see another free thinker here. There are far too many US-media, brainwashed sheeple who need to be enlightened. Fingers are better used turning pages than mashing the panic button!

I like that fingers for turning pages thing....smart. But books are for nerds; MSNBC told me what countries and politicians I need to support. Free thinkers that can assess the world political trends and not be bound by media bias are too few. Read a book, read foreign news as well and turn off the damn TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom