Howa Type 89

Personally I would be interested in this rifle. But the 4k price tag is too much for my blood. Although I remember Reading that the Japanese government was hoping to decrease the cost of manufacturing the rifle a couple of years ago due to its obvious high cost. If they could make it and bring it in for under 2k in non restricted I would be interested. I also think the 4k price tag may have something to do with the fact that the rifle is both 3 round burst and automatic fire capable.

Here is the Para version.
japanesetype892.jpg

japanesetype8927.jpg

japanesetype898.jpg

WANT!

That's what I want!!
Any specs on the barrel twist?Just by curiosity!

We can send a request, but at 4k we'd be lucky to sell 10 units.

We'd also have to have one built to meet scrict Canadian standards for semi-auto versions of full auto's, I highly doubt that the manufacturer would go through so much trouble for such a low unit count.

Well, if you were to go through with it, I would buy one. I imagine cutting out the burst mechanism would cut down on the complexity of the rifle, and therefore cost too.

Naturally, it may not be possible. Just thought I'd ask.

We'd also have to have one built to meet scrict Canadian standards for semi-auto versions of full auto's, I highly doubt that the manufacturer would go through so much trouble for such a low unit count.

Doesn't hurt to ask. As ar180shooter said, cutting out the burst mechanism might reduce the cost.

If you get these into Canada I would be VERY tempted to come up and film an episode of TacTV in the great white north just to be able to shoot it

Please keep us posted

Thanx

I guess the market is bigger now?

Hey, if the thread's back at the top then let's show our interest again - even for the price it would command there's a lot of collectors who would be interested in seeing these come to market.

Hey, if the thread's back at the top then let's show our interest again - even for the price it would command there's a lot of collectors who would be interested in seeing these come to market.

I'd definitely want one (or two) of these, and know 4 others off the top of my head who want them as well.

Back
Top Bottom