Serbu 50BMG SEMI-AUTO taking orders.....

why do Americans always say ' Im gonna GO AHEAD and blah blah'? I think English is their first language? Correct if I am wrong.

So, "I'm gonna go ahead and brush my teeth' is the same as 'I'm going to brush my teeth'.

My theory is Lemming Theory, one person once said it and it spread like a virus, not the T-Virus, more like the Stupid-Virus. Very puzzling.

tumblr_lxtrioIljK1qj097p.jpg

PS - "correct if I am wrong?" Are you trying to divide my zero?

why do Americans always say ' Im gonna GO AHEAD and blah blah'? I think English is their first language? Correct if I am wrong.

So, "I'm gonna go ahead and brush my teeth' is the same as 'I'm going to brush my teeth'.

My theory is Lemming Theory, one person once said it and it spread like a virus, not the T-Virus, more like the Stupid-Virus. Very puzzling.

It's a figure of speech....
And it's not exclusive to the US.

The internet is really dehumanizing people lately.

Check the forums. One member who has one has been having major issues with our ammo and the springs.making me reconsider based on what I saw and fact he is getting no support to solve.

To correct you a bit, I am getting some support, but I am not willing to ship the rifle back to the states.

A solution is close at hand and easier then I was originally hoping.

It's a figure of speech....
And it's not exclusive to the US.

The internet is really dehumanizing people lately.

Okay, I will play with the guy who wants to be "Correct if I am wrong", despite not having a clue why he is asking and why it is cluttering up this thread.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/go-ahead
Definition of GO-AHEAD

1: marked by energy and enterprise : progressive <a vigorous go–ahead company>
2: indicating that one may proceed <go–ahead signal>
3: being a score that gives a team the lead in a game <drove in the go–ahead run>
See go–ahead defined for English-language learners »

First Known Use of GO-AHEAD

or how about from the English themselves;

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/go-ahead
Definition of go-ahead
noun
[in singular]
permission to proceed:
the government had given the go-ahead for the power station
adjective
1willing to consider new ideas; enterprising:
a young and go-ahead managing director
2 [attributive] North American denoting the run or score which gives a team the lead in a game:
Baerga drove in the go-ahead run with a single in the sixth inning

Now what issue do you have with the phrase, and why the hell do you bring it up here?

200 yard sight in? I hope you are planning to zero it for 500-800 yards.

200 yards is the most flexible zero for the distances I shoot and have access to. At the same place I have access to steel hung at 100 to 950 yards, but I don't always shoot there.

As long as I get my dope I am fine, as I will just dial in the MOA needed per extra 50 yards above zero.

Come for a visit! In southern Alberta we have 1000's of m's to shoot out to! Lots of buddies with farm land and ranch's let alone the crown land in the mountains and foothills.
200 yards is the most flexible zero for the distances I shoot and have access to. At the same place I have access to steel hung at 100 to 950 yards, but I don't always shoot there.

As long as I get my dope I am fine, as I will just dial in the MOA needed per extra 50 yards above zero.

Do you have a close up of the steel plate?

I'd like to see this too!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

The steel has had a few thousand hits of all calibers on it, but since the last paint job, just 6.5x55 swede, 308 Win, and .50BMG.

The .50 hits are pretty easy to see, as they leave a big semi-circle of vaporized copper around them that I have never seen the other calibers leave.

We still have the wobbly bipod, which is robbing a lot of accuracy from the gun, but we were averaging 1.5MOA from the gun.

This is after the steel took a #### kicking from some rapid fire fun.

IMG_0515_zpsaa0522e2.jpg

The best group fired of the day was about a roughly 1-1/4" 4 shot group at the 200 yard range (Ie. 5/8 MOA), seen beside my hand in the photo. You can clearly see the copper markings on the steel I mentioned above.

As you can see, the shiny spots are not even depressions in the steel, just super thin bits of melted lead. Smooth to the touch still, and paint over it and the steel looks brand new.

IMG_0514_zpsa7878b74.jpg

This was right at the end of the day, but I was thrilled with that.

Quite honestly, with the factory ammo, I would be happy with a steady 1MOA, so the idea that this rifle may really like this ammo, even if that group was a bit of a *skilled* fluke, is very promising to me.

Last edited:
Ask and ye shall receive.

The steel has had a few thousand hits of all calibers on it, but since the last paint job, just 6.5x55 swede, 308 Win, and .50BMG.

The .50 hits are pretty easy to see, as they leave a big semi-circle of vaporized copper around them that I have never seen the other calibers leave.

We still have the wobbly bipod, which is robbing a lot of accuracy from the gun, but we were averaging 1.5MOA from the gun.

This is after the steel took a #### kicking from some rapid fire fun.

The best group fired of the day was about a roughly 1-1/4" 4 shot group at the 200 yard range (Ie. 5/8 MOA), seen beside my hand in the photo. You can clearly see the copper markings on the steel I mentioned above.

As you can see, the shiny spots are not even depressions in the steel, just super thin bits of melted lead. Smooth to the touch still, and paint over it and the steel looks brand new.

This was right at the end of the day, but I was thrilled with that.

Quite honestly, with the factory ammo, I would be happy with a steady 1MOA, so the idea that this rifle may really like this ammo, even if that group was a bit of a *skilled* fluke, is very promising to me.

Would you happen to know the plate thickness and the depth of those 50BMG impressions on the plate? BTW, do you reload for 50BMG?

Back
Top Bottom