Svt rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures are representative ONLY..l.. Surely you do not expect us to photograph hundreds upon hundres of them ??
John

No, but at least take a picture that represents an actual sniper variant. It would be nice if you clarified whether they are factory snipers, field modified snipers or whether they are simply unknown of which type but notched for a scope.

I agree that they should be identified with the proof and groove to be sold at a premium as snipers. Pictures of each rifle are not necessary. Maybe we will get clarification? I am not complaining, just curious as to what defines the sniper version at marstar.

this is in the description "All SVT40 Sniper have the scope rail on the receiver."
But where is the " word" notch????if they have it , put it in !!! and it will be clear for us.
You don't have to picture it. just a word " notch"

Don't like notch, call it groove or top rail.

All SVT from the beginning supposed to have grooves on the receiver. Lack of scopes and requirements to increase production during the war caused this feature being dropped around 1942...

However if Marstar has an actual sniper SVT, I'll buy it at their current price.

Last edited:
Either way Marstar says they have it. if you want it then order it. If it doesnt meet your requirements then send it back. its that simple. No use complaining about it.

I read the question and ive also notices john doesnt have something up on the website with anything beyond accurate description of product.

Really ?
Web site calls them sniper versions . But he hasn't said if they have the notch on the receiver that make them true sniper versions . Or do they just have the side grooved receiver that dose not make them actual sniper versions . It's not a hard question to answer.
But you think that people that want a sniper version should just take a chance & order one & hope it is as advertised ?
And like you say just send it back if it isn't ?? No one is saying John is trying to pull a fast one here .
We just want clarification on what we might or might not order .

What's with all the Marstar bashing on this forum?

Marstar is an honest and reputable supplier. They risk time and capital to import a variety of products for Canadian shooters. Why bite the hand? If you don't like Marstar - then go elsewhere. Many of us have purchased from Marstar several times and have been thrilled with the quality, price, service - and honor of their guarantee when a problem. John has more to do than sit online and answer every question or ethical insinuation - or be immediately vilified by an impatient few.

Is this how we treat our sponsors? Does this disrespect happen also with Canada Ammo, or Wolverine, or Questar, or some of other leading supporters? Probably not, as many corporations might seek legal remedies for some of the publicly published comments.

Lets all man up here. Please stop screaming because someone is not answering your published questions fast enough. Interested in buying? Just pick up the phone and ask your question.

All people are saying just say with sniper rails( not notched). It really isn't a bash, it's just please advertise right. I would hate to see someone with their new sniper, buy the scope and mount( not cheap), and ask why it doesn't fit.

Im sure the advertised SVT are probably real snipers I cant imagine a company with their reputation and knowledge would screw up like that.

Really ?
Web site calls them sniper versions . But he hasn't said if they have the notch on the receiver that make them true sniper versions . Or do they just have the side grooved receiver that dose not make them actual sniper versions . It's not a hard question to answer.
But you think that people that want a sniper version should just take a chance & order one & hope it is as advertised ?
And like you say just send it back if it isn't ?? No one is saying John is trying to pull a fast one here .
We just want clarification on what we might or might not order .

Actualy Im saying that if you order one advertised as a sniper then the worst that can happen is you return it. Big deal. John know his sh@# so i think he can tell the difference between a true sniper model and a regular model. Also why be so surprised John hasnt responded yet? it's the weekend. I imagine he's trying to enjoy himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom