Cz 858-2

I must have missed that e-mail. Unless they ignored Saskatchewan... The shipments that were imported were deemed prohib, not the rifles in country. Not sure if Wolverine heard back yet on the exact reason, but I don't recall hearing exactly why yet.

I still have my 858, my boss was just talking to the firearms guys and they haven't changed the status. He asked because he wanted to buy one. They're still for sale in stores if you can find them.
Granted I'm not privy to the inner workings of our entire RCMP monstrosity, but as someone who's a 'firearms enthusiast' in a 4 person detachment with about 60+ personally owned firearms between us, we keep our ears to the ground on such things.

I know this is your forum but no need to spread rumours.

I'm curious what your check on the frt file for the cz858 has shown it listed as.I don't have access myself to look.Thanks.

nope. 2 shipments seized from the importer by cbsa, and my personal gun went from NR to prohib. The RCMP do not seem to be acting publicly yet, other than changing the FRT. My guess is it will be a PR nightmare, and $$$

How were you informed of the change of status on your personal rifle?
If it is your personal rifle how would they know you had it?

*edit* I just got off the phone with the firearms tec lab, that informed me that the rifle is under review but no changes have been made to the classification, yet.

Last edited:
F sakes how is anyone supposed to know that the gun they've had in their possession for years is prohib all of a sudden. All the talk about this before and wolverines seized shipment was just for the rifles they got shipped in that one shipment was it not? They got full autos by mistake. The cz 858s in the country right now are and always were from the factory- non restricted. Not converted autos. You'd think if the rifle got re classified there would be a ton of posts on this

On the RCMP website currently...

Important Notice

The Canadian Firearms Program fact sheets concerning the Firearms Act are currently being revised. Updated versions will be posted as soon as possible.

On the RCMP website currently...

Important Notice

The Canadian Firearms Program fact sheets concerning the Firearms Act are currently being revised. Updated versions will be posted as soon as possible.

It has been like that for the better part of a year now.

nope. 2 shipments seized from the importer by cbsa, and my personal gun went from NR to prohib. The RCMP do not seem to be acting publicly yet, other than changing the FRT. My guess is it will be a PR nightmare, and $$$

I assume they spent a good year and tens of thousands of dollars to "easily convert" it to full auto eh?

SO lets get this straight, the RCMP can make anyone they want a criminal and order their property handed over for free "or else" by bending the subjective wording of the Firearms Act to their whim?

That FA has to go.

The CFOs have to go.

Accountability of the rcmp is needed, civilian oversight at least.

They cant just reclassify stuff because they want a specific gun classified as prohibited ,etc.

if they can, they should not be able to

If the rcmp sporatically seize these guns at say traffic stops or what have you, can they avoid the the massive costs of a one time buy back?

buy back?

you own a prohibited firearm with no prohibited PAL, criminals with guns in their home = criminals with guns barricaded

call in the ERT/SWAT team

take the gun by force

or just mail everyone they suspect has one and say you have 30 days to hand it over or (see above)

Theyve already gotten search warrants for folk who used to have X gun because they checked the old registry info and assumed they still had X gun...... this was in the firearms media section...oh, in the last few months. Im sure they could do something like that for any of us.

It was either that or if you have a firearms license it goes to assume you have firearms, and if you have firearms that in and of itself is good enough for a search warrant......... again, if i recall correctly. So having a PAL = good enough for a search warrant.

we dont have to do anything bad, simply owning guns legally is enough for a search warrant

Last edited:
I must have missed that e-mail. Unless they ignored Saskatchewan... The shipments that were imported were deemed prohib, not the rifles in country. Not sure if Wolverine heard back yet on the exact reason, but I don't recall hearing exactly why yet.

I still have my 858, my boss was just talking to the firearms guys and they haven't changed the status. He asked because he wanted to buy one. They're still for sale in stores if you can find them.
Granted I'm not privy to the inner workings of our entire RCMP monstrosity, but as someone who's a 'firearms enthusiast' in a 4 person detachment with about 60+ personally owned firearms between us, we keep our ears to the ground on such things.

I know this is your forum but no need to spread rumours.

Canadian Tire in Greenwood had a CSA 858 7.62x39 for sale a few weeks back. Sold already.

non restricted

bloody well $1000 for it thou.... my word.

And all the RCMP needs to say is "it was the same assault rifle used in the Parti Québécois victory rally shooting" and the masses will agree with confiscation no matter the cost!

edited:

"if it only saves one life"

and

"won't someone think of the women and children"

whilst showing photos of spee killer's victims that dont have a damn thing to do whith us

well, I think ive replied enough to this thread.

off to read some more.

I hope the rest of you are real boring so I dont reply anymore :)

SO lets get this straight, the RCMP can make anyone they want a criminal and order their property handed over for free "or else" by bending the subjective wording of the Firearms Act to their whim?

That FA has to go.

The CFOs have to go.

Accountability of the rcmp is needed, civilian oversight at least.

They cant just reclassify stuff because they want a specific gun classified as prohibited ,etc.

if they can, they should not be able to

Agree, 100%. RCMP won't do it, not until they have a big event to hide behind(they already do), this is fact. Once they have their cards, they will strike.

When do we stand up and let our voices be heard? IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE!

Don't kid yourself, they're all going to be confiscated one day. JT's election will just be one more nail in the coffin.

I guarantee that as long as I'm alive they will not all be confiscated.

But I'll concede the spirit of your statement. Sooner or later the Kanadian government will attempt it again, and the Kanadian sheeple will grumble and line up to turn them in. Again.

There are several FRT's listed for 858's.

The CZ 858 Tactical 2 is listed as non-restricted.

There are also FRT's for CZ 858's (Tactical 2P, Tactical 2V, Tactical 4P) that lists them as prohibited (converted auto). The notes indicate the firearm is a full auto VZ58 altered to fire semi only, and the original receiver markings were removed and replaced with CZ 858 Tactical 2 P (or Tactical 2V, or Tactical 4P).

I have no idea what will come of all this, but that's the info on the FRT currently.

The CSA rifles all look the same as NR.

Are all the CZ 858 2P models that are already in Canada prohibited now then?

There are several FRT's listed for 858's.

The CZ 858 Tactical 2 is listed as non-restricted.

There are also FRT's for CZ 858's (Tactical 2P, Tactical 2V, Tactical 4P) that lists them as prohibited (converted auto). The notes indicate the firearm is a full auto VZ58 altered to fire semi only, and the original receiver markings were removed and replaced with CZ 858 Tactical 2 P (or Tactical 2V, or Tactical 4P).

I have no idea what will come of all this, but that's the info on the FRT currently.

The CSA rifles all look the same as NR.

Back
Top Bottom