Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors -Ontario

from Waterloo area here, I finally got my license RPAL in my hands. but picking a gun seems so overwhelming...).

Picking A gun, as in singular? Lol...trust me, you will be cured of that notion very quickly. There are tons of interesting options out there.

My advice to you would be to spend some time in the forums specific to the type of firearms you're interested in, and before long something will catch your eye.

Also check out the EE (equipment exchange) classifieds here on CGN, there are lots of interesting firearms changing hands all the time.

As a first firearm, it would be hard to go wrong with something like a Ruger 10/22 semi-auto .22LR. Inexpensive, ammo is almost free, and lots of fun to shoot.

Picking A gun, as in singular? Lol...trust me, you will be cured of that notion very quickly. There are tons of interesting options out there.

My advice to you would be to spend some time in the forums specific to the type of firearms you're interested in, and before long something will catch your eye.

Also check out the EE (equipment exchange) classifieds here on CGN, there are lots of interesting firearms changing hands all the time.

As a first firearm, it would be hard to go wrong with something like a Ruger 10/22 semi-auto .22LR. Inexpensive, ammo is almost free, and lots of fun to shoot.

actually my first thought was looking at something bolt-action, perhaps .223. like the tacticool look, don't really dig wood.

actually my first thought was looking at something bolt-action, perhaps .223. like the tacticool look, don't really dig wood.

Look into the Ruger 10/22 and you'll see the stock options are endless, including aftermarket stocks like the Marauder, which is a G36 look. Doesn't get any more tacticool than that.

If .223 bolt action is where you want to start, check out the precision rifle forum. If you're thinking longer range shooting, budget for a good spotting scope.

Look into the Ruger 10/22 and you'll see the stock options are endless, including aftermarket stocks like the Marauder, which is a G36 look. Doesn't get any more tacticool than that.

If .223 bolt action is where you want to start, check out the precision rifle forum. If you're thinking longer range shooting, budget for a good spotting scope.

whats the thought on the Savage 10 FCP-K in 223?

Interested in getting a membership at The Grange in Gormley for the pure convenience of it being open all week. Any complaints from anybody about this range as it is available for public use via target sports. I live in Scarborough if that helps.

I am looking for a mentor who can help me into a black badge course and getting into IPSC in general. I don't know if everyone is aware, but if I find a member of the CSSA who is in good standing to mentor me, and am a member of the CSSA as well, I can take the black badge course for free, as long as I have taken a club level safety course (by the way, what IS a club level safety course?). I am located in Pickering, about 20 mins east of Toronto.

ok I am confuzzuled.......the above are posted 3 minutes apart.

are you looking for an EESA member? Or are you offering to take out newbies

I am looking for someone to shoot with lol preferably someone who knows more then me which isnt hard but either or . shoot me a pm if you need a shooting buddy im game

Newbie in GTA open to invites to local club/shooting locations by friendly club members who want free lunches or bottle of wine/beer.
it would be difficult to meet someone who knows less than I about guns, but I'll keep the annoying Q's to a minimum. I started my own business, married with no kids yet so am available anytime, anyday...
*does nerdy thumbs up*

I'm just trying to get into this hunting thing... if anyone is from the london area, and doesn't mind sharing some of the things they've learned over the years, and maybe even let me tag along on a hunt - I would be grateful (I have my hunting licence & an ofah member). I know it probably won't happen 'till the fall, but I didn't want to wait until the last minute.

Both my wife and I are new to pistol shooting i.e. PAL applications just went in. Is there anybody in western GTA with some .22 pistols willing to let us give them a try? We would, of course, pay for the ammunition and probably a few beers. :)

If so, please drop me a note.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom