Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

New to shooting pistols here in NS. Just bought my first handgun. 45 ACP. Just joined AMA, waiting for # to come through from CFO, so I can get an ATT to go to the club and start shooting. Anybody know approx how long it takes to get the permanent ATT to go through?

Haha your probably the only other newfie i've come across on this site... so far.

I'm in St. John's, so I guess that makes three? :eek:

I'm still a newbie, waiting for my PAL to get processed, I will be up for some shootin over the summer if anyone is interested in meeting up.

the KIDD in Chester has a new web page and are always willing to accept new member. go and visit them and visit the club. the boys are always there every wed night.

Hey there folks!
I'm in Shediac NB, recently became a member of the Cap Pele range. I've owned guns for going on 25 years and would only pulled them out for a little hunting. Then I discovered Cowboy Action Shooting and that really turned me on to shooting as a sport. I got in touch with Tim Kairne in Fredericton he invited me over to his range and offered to let me shoot his Ruger Blackhawk .38 and again .357. That did it I'm signed up to upgrade my PAL to RPAL in January. A couple weeks ago I was at my range sighting my Rem .270 ( I got drawn for a moose license) when two guys showed up to do some handgun shooting. When I was done I went over to check things out and both guys offered to let try there 9MM. They also told me about this site. I can't get over the friendlyness and willingness to help and I look forward to the day when I can do the same for someone else starting out. In the meantime thanks to all for making me feel very welcome.

Marc

Make it four. I am in Paradise...:D

I'm from St. John's also.. newbie firearms owner and member of the St. John's Rod and Gun Club as of this year. I'm interested in both rimfire and centrefire rifle shooting...wondering if there are any clubs or groups that have organized matches and how to get involved.

New to the site, New to the hobby

greetings from halifax. My name's mark, im 25 and live in clayton park. just getting into the hobby and have TONS of questions. looking to get into hunting as well.

I'm from St. John's also.. newbie firearms owner and member of the St. John's Rod and Gun Club as of this year. I'm interested in both rimfire and centrefire rifle shooting...wondering if there are any clubs or groups that have organized matches and how to get involved.

Might as well make it lucky number 6! I'm in Mount Pearl and have been on this forum forever;) Well it feels like that. Anyhow if anybody has any questions about reloading or shooting in general, I might be able to help. I'm no expert, but I've sat at the reloading bench quite a bit. I should also add that I'm old school with a single stage press, none of that new fangled progressive reloading for me. Feel free to drop me a PM, and I'll try to help.

Good day All. Im new to shooting in NS. are there many walk in shops in the HRM/Valley area?

I know of teh Army Navy Store in HFX and Hnatiuks in Elmsdale. Army Navy has some nice used toys but little customer service and not terribly friendly. I have never been in Hnatiuks yet as I didn't know where it was. Too bad, I hear an ad on the radio for the place about 10 minutes after leaving Elmsdale to head home to PEI.

Lequille's Country Store stock a quite a bit of stuff too , just outside Annapolis Royal , what are you looking for ? There is nothing much in the Bridgewater area , so don't waste your time here.

I visited the store in Elmsdale, not a bad little selection. My buddy found a really nice deal on a used model 94, 30-30.

If anyone's looking to pass on their hunting wisdom near Oromocto, NB, I'm all ears. Been shooting for almost 5 years but I'm hoping 2010 will be my first year out hunting (anything from rabbit to moose!).

I'm located in Newfoundland and am able to assist any newbies with any questions or concerns they may have about shooting, clubs on the island and in Labrador, and I have contacts they may require as well.

Fry

I got a bunch of questions? You want me to PM them? Just completed HSEC non-restricted, I have to do the restrcited. Just moved back to NL from the US after 12 years.

Might as well make it lucky number 6! I'm in Mount Pearl and have been on this forum forever;) Well it feels like that. Anyhow if anybody has any questions about reloading or shooting in general, I might be able to help. I'm no expert, but I've sat at the reloading bench quite a bit. I should also add that I'm old school with a single stage press, none of that new fangled progressive reloading for me. Feel free to drop me a PM, and I'll try to help.

Mount Pearl here too.

Back
Top Bottom