Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

Anyone have any experience handloading 38 S&W? I just inherited a 5" enfield revolver and as fun as it is, I am hoping to find a way to pay less than $1.50/round for my cartridges.
Cheers
mick

Hello
New to this sport I am interested in getting into the provincial competitions, so I guess first goal is to prepare for the black badge course. I am from Amherst NS. I have been to Hunts Indoor range in Truro a few times and recieved my PAL yesterday LOL.
Any help guidance advise would be greatly appreciated. To find/work with a mentor would be awesome.
Thanks

Looks like this forum is not heavily used, but I'll give it a shot. Just moved to PEI (Charlottetown area) and I'm looking for someone to shoot with. Mostly into rimfire and milsurps, but I'll shoot anything, given the chance. I'm a self-taught shooter, so I would love to have someone with a bit more experience give me some pointers. Planning to live here for the foreseeable future, so even if you see this message a long time after I posted it, send me a message as I'll probably love to meet up; especially if you have something obscure I've never shot before. I'm always happy to pull out any of my more interesting pieces for someone that might appreciate them.

New member here, Halifax area.

Used to shoot when I was a teenager and getting back into it now. PAL application underway (hopefully not too long but who knows with COVID).

I am interested in precision rifle and shotgun shooting.

My first purchase is going to be a pump action shotgun and I'd love an opportunity to try some of these models:
Winchester SXP, Browning BPS, Mossberg 500.

Looking to potentially join a trap range.

New member here, Halifax area. Used to shoot when I was a teenager and getting back into it now. PAL application underway (hopefully not too long but who knows with COVID). I am interested in precision rifle and shotgun shooting. My first purchase is going to be a pump action shotgun and I'd love an opportunity to try some of these models: Winchester SXP, Browning BPS, Mossberg 500. Looking to potentially join a trap range.

Check out the Nova Scotia Rifle Association and Nova Sporting Clays.

<http://www.nsrifle.org/>
<https://www.novasportingclays.ca/>

Fredericton here, I am a member of Springifeld range. I have been meaning to check out the indoor range as well as the trap & skeet club. I frequent Bathurst, Moncton, and SJ if anyone ever wants to shoot!

Edit: Anyone know the best way to get an RPAL nowdays? NB isn't offering the course at the moment and it appears NS is all booked up.

hello everyone. New member here. No license yet, doing my CFSC in November 2021. I'm in the SJ area but am willing to travel a bit if anyone would be willing to take me out, my cost, and show me a few guns. I know i want a Glock but that's about it so far. I'm thinking about getting into 3 gun or other competitive shooting and have no idea where to start. Anyone willing to make a new friend in the area?

Hey everyone. New to the Canadian Gun Nutz but long time gun enthusiast. Located in Hants County Nova Scotia. I love to hunt, never ever had formal training in clays but not bad at them, was a member of the kentville gun club. Still waiting on breaking in my restricted. Also a bit of an air gun lover.
Hope to maybe connect with some like minded individuals hear where people don't think im off my rocker for wanting a S&W MMP 2.0 lol or the fact i have more than one gun for shooting certain things.
Cheers

Hello! I'm waiting for the RCMP to process my PAL application, however in the meantime I'd like to connect with people in the HRM area, get tips of gun clubs in the area (preferably outdoors). I enjoy pratical shooting, such as 2 Gun Action, IDSC and IPSC. I also enjoy the ocasional larping. Basically looking for shooting buddies. Thanks

Hello! I'm waiting for the RCMP to process my PAL application, however in the meantime I'd like to connect with people in the HRM area, get tips of gun clubs in the area (preferably outdoors). I enjoy pratical shooting, such as 2 Gun Action, IDSC and IPSC. I also enjoy the ocasional larping. Basically looking for shooting buddies. Thanks

Atlantic Marksman Assoc is the only club that hosts any 2 gun matches and their a big IPSC club as well. But you would need to get your IPSC Black badge course to partake in those events. The president also teaches the IPSC BB course.

Back
Top Bottom