Page 1 of 56 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

It appears that our calls and emails have stopped Bill Blair's quick plan to ban guns by OIC. He is now talking about what the Liberals want to do after "the election". He is making no bones he and the Liberals party are targeting AR15 and other semi automatic sporting rifles. It will be an outright ban, confiscation and some sympathy money to silence resistance.

He is also trying to divide the firearms community:

Mr. Blair argued that a majority of gun owners would not be affected by these rules.

“It is not, in any way, my intention nor my recommendation that we would do anything to restrict the activities of hunters and farmers or sports shooters who follow the rules, who are obeying the law and don’t represent a risk themselves to public safety,” he said
    We must be united. Anyone who owns guns must be united - hunters, sports shooters...it does't matter what discipline you are in. If they come for one of us, they are coming for all of us! We must show solidarity. Three things we must do:

1) Turf the Liberals in October

2) Turf Bill Blair from his riding in October - support Capt. Kimberly Fawcett, a veteran, to take over Scarborough Southwest.

3) Buy more AR15s, buy more semi auto sporting rifles, to show the Liberals Canadian do not agree with them with both our votes and pocket books. We will not stop our hobbies because of the Liberals' threat, bribery and divisive tactics.

www. theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-liberals-want-to-prohibit-more-assault-weapons-rather-than-ban/

Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Ottawa has officially ruled out a countrywide ban on handguns, but the Liberals will be running in the next federal election on a plan to prohibit and buy back some military-style assault weapons that are currently legal in Canada, minister Bill Blair said.

In an interview with The Globe and Mail, the former Toronto police chief said months of consultations on gun control have led him to reject the possibility of a full ban on handguns, despite official requests from the cities of Toronto and Montreal.

“I believe that would be potentially a very expensive proposition but just as importantly, it would not in my opinion be perhaps the most effective measure in restricting the access that criminals would have to such weapons, because we’d still have a problem with them being smuggled across the border,” said Mr. Blair, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction.

Gun control is one of the most divisive issues in the country, but Mr. Blair said the campaign leading to the Oct. 21 election will be the right moment for Canadians to decide whether additional measures are needed to improve public safety.........

“There are some weapons that are currently available in our society that represent an unacceptable risk," he said. "They have been used tragically in a number of incidents in which a large number of people have been killed, because these weapons were designed to be efficient in the taking of lives.”

Mr. Blair said the government should not simply prohibit new sales of these weapons and allow current owners to keep them under a form of grandfathering. Instead, he said the Liberals will propose to buy them back

Mr. Blair argued that a majority of gun owners would not be affected by these rules.

“It is not, in any way, my intention nor my recommendation that we would do anything to restrict the activities of hunters and farmers or sports shooters who follow the rules, who are obeying the law and don’t represent a risk themselves to public safety,” he said.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Ban bill blair
    Flush the turd
    £uck the libs
    “Progressivism is the basterd child of Marxism”
    #FLUSHTHETURD
    #BANBILLBLAIR
    REGISTERED FIREARMS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Seems foolish lobbying for an issue known to be extremely divisive. Especially one that won't actually do anything. Has anyone ever won an election in Canada lobbying for gun control? I can only think of losers.

“It is not, in any way, my intention nor my recommendation that we would do anything to restrict the activities of hunters and farmers or sports shooters..." Buuuut we are literally planning on doing just that. Never ceases to amaze me as to how stupid they think everybody else is but them.

Hope no one trusts this guy!
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    Ban bill blair
    Flush the turd
    £uck the libs
    Cut ANY funding to anti-gun orgs !
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    Hope no one trusts this guy!
    After looking at the commercials of the libs during the Raptors game batching Sheer... only wish canadians will still have some brains and don’t fall into this non sense

Blair can S the D. Absolute pos Loser.
    Keep buying AR' s and other SPORTING RIFLES people.
    Your fighting new age commies that's all the liberals are.

Was there any reason given? Not even a public safety facade this time? Just we don't want ya to have em??

WHAT ABOUT THE GANG VIOLENCE AND ILLEGAL HAND GUNS?????!!?!!?!??!???

Give me a break.

lying bill and lying turdo are hell bent on giving criminals a free pass and beat up the law abiding citizens with the help of law enforcement. the cooperation of law enforcement is what they rely on.

Page 1 of 56 1234567891121 ... LastLast