1.75" cannon

pmatuk

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Location
DC Northern BC
finally got the last bits and tested it ,lots of BOOM!
Its a 1.75 x29" bore ,overall tube is 35.5x5"
007rdn.jpg
 
I just used golf balls ,didn't get any balls casted yet,I just used some stove black and a lil tiger torch to set it .Just so you know golf ball do come back when you spud a tree LOL
 
I just used golf balls ,didn't get any balls casted yet,I just used some stove black and a lil tiger torch to set it .Just so you know golf ball do come back when you spud a tree LOL

Learned that the hard way with my mortar. Also... car doors are golf ball proof I think.... :redface:
 
bought the tube on cgn ,it is a 5 " x 36" and 1 3/4 " bore 29" deep .The trunions are 1 1/4" dia and the tube was built by a fellow who sell a pile of the into the US .The carriage is red oak .Uses a round ball that weighs just over a pound (aprox 7000 grains) .Have shot it on my other property and the ball will go over 1000 yards and into the timber and break branches ,haven't found any shot balls yet .
the vid shows it firing 400 gr 1f and 2 golf balls off the patio .When I use the lead ball and 800 gr of 1F I tie down the tube so it doesn't buck so hard and it will roll back 10+ feet on a flat base .All in all these are a lot of fun and there should be more of them out there ;)
 
I read an article once where the barrel was made out of DOM tubing...then the tubing was placed in a mould and the 'cannon' form was cast around the tube in aluminum

Now you have a full size cannon that is stronger than original and better than half the weight yet looks like a true 1812 Napolean or whatever

edit---

Here it is...http://www.artillerysociety.co.uk/Barrel.html

Barrel2s.jpg


Assembled11.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom