10 ga. sxs

Goose smasher

New member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've just bought a Pedersoli 10 ga. muzzleloading shotgun ! I plan on hunting turkeys with it this spring.I'm fairly new to the muzzle loading shotgun scene but I do have a 12 ga. aswell. Any tips on loads to start with? I'm planning on shooting black powder and #6 shot.

Goose smasher
 
Hi there, i have the little brother to your 10g, i have the 12g, in my 12, i use 70gr 2f black and 1o shot for partridge, ill move to 80 for pheasant and 1 1/8oz shot, havent tried turkyey,lol, dont have them in nova scotia to hunt, but as far as the 10g goes, a gd turkey load would be 100gr of 2f black, you can also use 1f powder, and 1 1/2 o shot, that will take the gobble out of mr turkey, use 100gr powder, then a stif card over powder wad, then a fiber wad, put shot, then a thin overshot wad, cap it and your rockin and rollin
 
Back
Top Bottom