10mm ammo

In Calgary, I have only ever seen 10mm once and it was at Cdn Tire of all places. I took all 7 boxes immediately.

Honestly calling up mystic precision and ordering starline brass is gonna be your best bet. And it is in BC!

10mm factory ammo is pretty weak anyways.
 
Way better off loading your own. Most factory 10 mm, should really be labelled 40+p. There's a few good threads in the reloading section. I've seen bullet weights used from 135gr to 200gr, with nuclear loading options at all weights. The 10mm guys are a pretty tight knit club, but seem pretty open to accepting new members, just have to own a 10mm. One day, I shall join them.
 
Reliable had some last time I was in there...but the price was high (at least to what I'm used to).
 
Way better off loading your own. Most factory 10 mm, should really be labelled 40+p. There's a few good threads in the reloading section. I've seen bullet weights used from 135gr to 200gr, with nuclear loading options at all weights. The 10mm guys are a pretty tight knit club, but seem pretty open to accepting new members, just have to own a 10mm. One day, I shall join them.

Agreed. Winchester Silvertip have decent velocity and at a decent price for factory rounds. There was a flood of it in the north two years ago, however I have not checked recently as I am well stocked.

10mm is a very versatile round when reloading. I load 175gn cast bullets at less than 1,000ft/s for plinking and IDPA, up to 135gn Noslers at 1,800ft/s with 4 or 5 variants in between. If looking for super max loads, IMR 800x, BlueDot and VV N105 are your friends - assuming that you have a full support chamber.

If using a progressive loader, Starline brass is also your friend. The primer pockets have been tapered and the interior case walls have been redesigned to better accommodate the bell die. The difference when compared to Winchester or Remington brass is pleasantly surprising. In my experience, Starline will handle super max loads equal to either Win or Rem.
 
Back
Top Bottom