10MM auto ammo source?

ARDNEH

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
SASKATOON
Does anyone know of a Canadian retail source for 10mm auto ammo?

I like the sti Perfect 10 but it doesn't seem too viable of a cartridge in Canada.
 
Reloading your own is the best option. Most decent stores (try some of the dealer at top of page) carry 10mm but the prices are usually high. Last box I bought from Reliable (in vancouver) was ~$33 for 50, if I remember correctly.

I have asked Wolf and Combat master to do a 10mm run but they both declined.
 
It's not exactly viable anywhere. However, Epp's lists it. No brand or price listed. Shooter's Choice, in Waterloo, wants $42.95 per 50 for Remington UMC 180 grain MC's.
Reloading is most assuredly the way to go.
"...sti Perfect 10..." Found one in Canada?
 
Thanks for the replys.
I think I'll stay away from 10mm auto for now. Reloading is not something I'm ready for yet. Baby brother .40 s&w will probably have to do.

" sti perfect 10 in canada " If you are willing to wait for it, Freedom Ventures will order one for you.


cheers,
Leif
 
I love the 10mm round. A little investment and time to reload is worth it, IMHO. Last year a buddy helped me reload 1000 rounds, with virgin brass I estimated it cost me $350. Prices may be a bit higher now, but I still have 400 rounds left.

I just got a new 10mm/40S&W custom pistol from Armco, set to arrive any day now. I am going to be ordering my own press so I can reload my own.

(Top one)

A%20pair%20of%2010%20millimeters%20%204.JPG
 
Last edited:
Sweet looking piece Surfer! Good choice.

To the OP, don't worry about reloading being too hard or expensive. If you have some time to spend you can save some serious cash. 10mm is cool because you can use the same stash of bullets as your .40.

I run a cheap Loadmaster and can crank out the rounds for a fraction of the cost of factory. The added bonus is you can make accurate or spectacular (eg flame show) depending on your tastes and gun.

Admittedly the brass is harder to come by than other calibers. That said, it is out there. Once in a while some will pop up on the EE. I've amassed a decent suppy that way. If you have a fully supported barrel it helps brass life too. Good brass will last a while...
 
If you don't reload you aren't shooting 10mm anywhere near it's potential. I feel sorry for anyone paying anywhere near $35 a box. I roll my own for much, much less. Last time I checked I was running .36 a shot for my max loads, 180FMJ@1350fps. I have been lucky to get some good deals from friends and CGNers though. My target loads 180FMJ@1100fps, run a whole 20 cents a pop.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom