11.7x51R Danish - anyone here shoot it?

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Another neat round I've just "discovered" is 11.7x51R Danish and am curious if anyone out there shoots this round? If you have pics of your gun, the ammo, or comments on reloading for it I'd be interested in hearing.

As I understand it, with care one can fireform 45/70 cases to the slightly larger diameter Danish cartridge. Now to find one:p:D



EDIT - I've done more reading and there are apparently 3 different 11.7x51r centerfire case types. That kindof puts a damper on things.
 
I have one and shoot it.
The only trouble I ran into with the 45-70 brass is that the rim was a little to thick.
Some worked fine some didn't work. I got 100 brass from Buffalo Arms a few years back and have never looked back.
I shoot a 405 Grain Hollow base cast bullet and it shoots very accurate. I just picked up a Keith style bullet for a 460 pistol that is gas checked, i am going to try that with out the gas check. I can't remember the weight of it but I think it was right around the 400 Grain.

Good Luck Ken.
 
Do you know the make/model of the mold you're using for it? Haven't seen any molds that seemed appropriate for the gun. Hollow base molds do seem more versatile for these oddball guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom