#11 caps

Cabela's has #11 magnums in stock on line (regular 11's on back order), but the dangerous goods shipping on them would kill you (or from anywhere else for that matter - minimally a $25 charge).

You could try calling LeBaron's in Ottawa and make the drive if they have stock - gas would be cheaper than shipping.
 
Cabela's has #11 magnums in stock on line (regular 11's on back order), but the dangerous goods shipping on them would kill you (or from anywhere else for that matter - minimally a $25 charge).

You could try calling LeBaron's in Ottawa and make the drive if they have stock - gas would be cheaper than shipping.

I called a few days ago and they had 3 tins. LeBaron in Mtl. had 30 tins. My local Cdn Tire got a shipment in so I bought 4. Think today I'll grab another. Used to get them for 1/2 that at Higginson but they are out. Having them shipped is expensive. I could try and help if you're near the border of Quebec. I'm near Hawkesbury Ontario
 
Agreed I bought 3 tins at wholesale sports a week ago $6.49 a piece , $22 for the lot with taxes , A flintlock is looking appealing at the moment

Rustywood's prices start at $8.50 and goes up to $13.50 per 100 depending on size and brand.
I hate to say it but you did good at $6.50.
 
Rustywood's prices start at $8.50 and goes up to $13.50 per 100 depending on size and brand.
I hate to say it but you did good at $6.50.
To bad Canada ammo didn't have percussion caps to go with the dominion primers , I would stock up if they ever did
 
A while back I was watching on YouTube, there is a kit you can buy to make your own caps. Using beer cans for the cap and snap caps in side. Never used one but might look into who stocks them.
Trevor
 
A while back I was watching on YouTube, there is a kit you can buy to make your own caps. Using beer cans for the cap and snap caps in side. Never used one but might look into who stocks them.
Trevor
I have been thinking about something like that , even if the caps were not very good they could be the ones you use for clearing the nipples . The other thought I had is CAREFULLY pulling the anvil from small pistol primers .
, It just seems odd to me that a percussion cap would be more money than a regular primer . It looks a lot simpler to produce , I guess just supply and demand
 
I have been thinking about something like that , even if the caps were not very good they could be the ones you use for clearing the nipples . The other thought I had is CAREFULLY pulling the anvil from small pistol primers .
, It just seems odd to me that a percussion cap would be more money than a regular primer . It looks a lot simpler to produce , I guess just supply and demand



"Tap-A-Cap" is what that contraption is called. No reason it wouldn't work, I've messed around with those old paper cap centers before they give off a surprising amount of flame and energy. They are corrosive - but so is BP so...
 
Tap-o-caps are no longer made by Forster.
There is a guy that was making some similar but not sure if he still is, the dimensions and basic design are online for a home machinist to produce.
 
Back
Top Bottom