While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
what u gain in vol. you loose in range ie; wind drift pooer sd etc. the meat damage will be greater as well (IMHO) I had good luck with 150 so that is what I used. (no longer have 270) hope my 2 cents helps AJ
"...for hunting..." For hunting what? Varmints? That's what they're for. The velocity will be about 200 fps higher with like powders(Hodgdon loads). Less felt recoil. The game they're suitable for will not be the same. 110 grain .270 bullets are varmint bullets. Varmint bullets are not suitable for larger game like deer. They're no good for coyotes if and only if you plan on keeping the hides either. Mind you, neither are most 130 or 150 grain bullets.
It doesn't hurt to have several loads with various bullet weights worked up though.
110 grain is fine for hunting deer sized game IF you use a premium bullet Example the new 110gr Barnes Tipped TSX is being loaded by federal to 3400 fps and has great energy down range. And wind drift is really not that bad at all. I might even load a few of these up for myself and see how they perform I had great luck with a 130 grain TSX last year as I made some really nice long shots with this bullet from my 270wsm.
Just loaded a bunch of those up. 59 grains of H4350 doing average just over 3400 fps from 24" bbl. and the rifle seems to like them accuracy wise.
Barnes solid copper like the TTSX tend to be longer than conventional lead bullets, thus having a higher BC and less wind deflection.
I haven't shot any animal yet with these, but would expect good results as I've used the TTSX in other weights/calibers and they tend to retain nearly 100% of their weight.
I also have some 110 gr. Hornady Vmax and ,as the name suggests, these are varmint bullets.