11mm gras rifle antique??

thanks for the info.
I just bought one from a guy in the US. I just wanted to make sure. I know the converted 8mm guns are non restricted.
 
Hi there, I have a Gras myself, Hopefully you will post some pictures of your when it comes.

Im hoping if a few of us have there rifles in original antique cal it will manifest in brass being more available...A fella can dream.

Heres my old war horse, very nice rifles these Gras. Ima militaria may still have the antique French slings, they were selling them for real cheap.



 
very cool! I will post them when I get it.
I agree on the brass but that could be said for all the black powder brass guns.
the problem is more on the American side I think. they don't care as much as we do about euro and English guns. we see them at every show but US collectors place much higher value on there firearms.

what got me to buy it right now is I picked up a bayonet at the Orangeville gun show for $60. its going to look amazing on the gun. its the same infantry model as yours.
 
I haven't had time to form any myself yet but from what I've read 348 Win brass can be used as a base to form from. I know in my Gras, 348 is too fat to chamber fully but the bolt extracts the 348 brass un-modified.
Bullets are .445 which is pretty much .43 Mauser.
 
8mm Lebel was developed directly from the Gras casing. Blow them out and you have a Gras round which is 10mm short.

Trade-Ex usually has Lebel brass.

11mm Vickers is the same casing but the load is MUCH too hot. Great for Zeppelins, though.
 
Back
Top Bottom