12 gauge percussion double

jclayton

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Salmon Arm
I have just acquired an old 12 bore English percussion shotgun.
The locks are marked B.W.&S. The top rib is engraved "London Laminated steel".
Lots of surface rust but can be restored to shootable condition.
Any one know any background on the maker?
 
Yes, I would want to see the proof marks to be sure it isn't a Belgian gun. I would think the gun would be marked B. Woodward & Sons if they actually made it instead of B.W. & S. Usually the address on these English guns was also stamped on the rib. Many Belgian guns were stamped "Fine London Damascus" or "Fine Laminated Steel" etc. They also played off of other maker's names. In this case it would be B.W. & S instead of the full name. But I could be wrong. The proof marks will tell us.
 
Back
Top Bottom