12ga 2.5" shells - Where to buy?

I gave up trying to find them after a while. People who ordered Kent shells couldn't/wouldn't get them for me. I started making them myself.

Got a BPI trimmer, MEC 600 Jr, some black powder and WAA12 wads.

Take AA hulls, cut them down with the BPI trimmer, load with 3 dram of black powder, cut feet off of WAA12 wads, insert wad, load 1oz of shot, insert overshot card, roll crimp, profit.
 
I was making them similar to above except only used plastic components on smokeless loads, made my own cutter and a $15 attachment for my drill press for roll crimping, the Kent shells seemed very expensive.
 
I scored mine from Wholesale Sports, and yes, they are expensive. Just shy of $20/box :eek:.
I figure the $$ for the few boxes I have is less than getting all the odds-n-ends needed for trimming and reloading.

(E) :cool:
 
Don't know where you live, but Jeff at the Canadian Tire in South Calgary will bring them in. I've got an order in for Kent Gamebores English Loads. It has been a wait, but I'm in no real hurry.
 
Back
Top Bottom