1849 Pocket Colt nears completion.

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I finally got a replacement hand and spring for the Pocket Colt from Dixie Gun Works and after a few hours of fitting the gun locks up very tight.The original wedge retaining screw is broken off and I need to drill out the old one and clean up the threads. The only other issue is that the cylinder arbor is loose and I need to make a spacer to tighten it up. After these things are taken care of the gun will be in good shooting condition.
The original cylinder is in rough shape and the nipples are rusted in place so I replaced it with a period spare cylinder with a very good stagecoach hold-up scene. The replacement didn't have nipples so I took the nipples out of my 1851 Uberti Navy.
Took the gun to the range today and put 30 rounds through it, with the loose arbor it was hitting high and to the left, when I finish this project I will have a good shooting antique.

1849PocketColt004.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom